Era 300 vs Five

• 23 January 2024
  • 34 replies

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

34 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

#Schlumpf

Thanx for the reply.

Well, i might have a special taste in music and how i prefere my Home Theater to sound. I got the Arc/Era100/dual Gen3’s but i’m not like impressed…do not misunderstand. There is a joy in my ears when watching movies but i think there is more potensial. Like i watched the movie “Ford vs Ferrarri”/Le Mans 1966 and there should be scenes that would impress me…but nah. In the movie “Bladerunner 2049” the Atmos-effect was better but the opening scene who everybody talks bout was not as good as i think it should. And the reason for me asking if i should purcase one of each or two pairs of Era 300’s was the idea to be able to try out the secound Era 300’s as stereopair with an Gen3 or a Sub Mini up front…yeah,i know bout the lag of 0.75ms. 
I have been really enjoying my Ikea Symfonisk Book Shielf speakers(Ikea BS red.anm). I have two of those in stereopair in my bedroom,but had to bring them over to my granny for my Ray/Sub Mini setup(read bout it in the other topics og mine if u care…) But down the road i will have a set of Fives anyway.

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

#jgatie

Good evening to you too…

So…what are your suggestion for me when i’m not happy with my setup(just missing the Era300’s surround) and to be honest i dubt it will “make me happy”…so you suggest i build a new room in my one year old house? Yeah,you know the anserw to that: Not Honna Happen‼️ Or you suggest i go for two pairs of round in cealing Sonance+ Sonos Amp? Or you suggest i go for another brand?

I might have a thing in my head of how sound should be and what to expect.

Like i’m now just purcased a nib Ikea Symfonisk Lamp Gen2 and need to buy a brand new one down the way to replace the Era 100’s in my bedroom-setup. Good idea…probobly not,but there is a lack of placement for a tablelamp AND the Era100’s as for now they are on top of eachother. Soulution would be a kit of Sonos Stands for $300 and that’s basicly the price of 1 ½ Ikea Lamp’s. The Era 100 sounds great,but it’s not ideal placement as for now. If only Sonos could sell the top-piece for their stands to switch between the 100’ & 300’s it could make life a bit easier.

Thanx for reading my “things” anyway….

PS: looking forward to see what Daniel(N.E.T.) coming up for in is next videoes…cause i will watch them🙃

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

This is my home cinema-room so you can get an idea of how it looks like. Pay attention that it is deep-windows in the sealing on both sides. Both Gen 3’s are placed in the corner of the sofa.

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

#jgatie

I’m not a rocket-scientist but i do belive the Atmos effect got something to do with how the room is shaped and how it reflect back…don’t you agree. So what i’m thinking that this is a big part of my problem why i’m not “happy” with the performance…and that is for the Gen3’s as well.

That’s why i wonder if i should try add that Era 300’s stereopair up front that it might solve something rather as some of the communety say it will just create a mess. This setup is btw not happy with music. For that i prefere the bedroom with Beam Gen2/Era100/Sub Mini and soon either Era 300’s or Five’s.

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

#Schlumpl

Yeah,i think you’re right. And if i don’t like it i can use the secound pair of Era300’s in my bedroom either switch out the exsisting Era100(witch is sitting on top of a lamp on my bed-table) or have them as a stereopair in front…for pure music.

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

…for the moment i’m speachless. But that’s how it is…

If i inderstand you guys right…if i have a set of Era300’s i front of my Arc/Era300/Dual Gen3’s setup i some sort of loose the Atmos effect? 
Sorry bout this topic getting a little side-tracked here….and i’m a part of it,no worries. The real question was: Is the Five’s waaaaay better than the Era300’s for music listening. So now if i choose the Five&Era300 combo i will of course try the Five’s in front of my Home Cinema setup,but then i might be dissapointed and regret i did not went for the Era300’s. Yes,i get it… if Sonos wanted the comsumer to have free opertunety….. 

PS: what does IMO stand for? I might obay? Just as same as i call the Ikea Symfonisk Book Shielf speaker Ikea BS and from the moment someone was confused i ran an explaining in every tread i post…so how bout explain those tree letters please What comes around,Goes around.(Addis Black Widdow)

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

#melvimbe

About my setup in my bedroom i think perhaps you misunderstand…Right now i had to put the Era100 on top of a lamp in order to have the speaker a little higher. But this is why i’m gonna replace this with the Ikea Symfonisk Lamp Gen2…i’ll let you see in a picture.

Or i could use $300+ for Sonos Orginal Stands and place them in each corner(the Era100)

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

#melvimbe

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

#melvimble

Yes i know bout the @melvimble-kinda notefy,but i use #melvimble…

I’m trying to justefy the money spend in my bedroom-set-up. Rather than buy Sonos stand for my Era100(witch is as i mention $300+) i will replace the Era100 over the Ikea Symfonisk Lamp Gen2. Just to have the Ikea Symfonisk Lamp on my bed-side table(replace the Era100 witch is been used as surround in my Beam Gen2&Sub Mini set-up). So in picture you see the Era100 on top of my lamp. Not ideal. When i get the Ikea Symfonisk Lamp,the exsisting lamp will be gone from the bed-side table.

I have the Philips Hue smart-bulb and it will go in the Ikea Symfonisk Lamp.