Answered

Where's my old Sonos since the last update??

• 31 January 2021
  • 2 replies

I don’t even know where to start.  It started with the Beam not showing up on my system.  I’d unplug and plug it back in and it would be ok for a few hours, then gone again.  Had to do a factory re-set and re-add to the system.  Then went the Play:3, fixed by unplugging and plugging back in.  Then the paired Play 5’s, which took nearly 2 hours to get re-added after several failed attemtps.  Now, my Arc/Play1s/Sub in the home theater are gone and the 5s are gone again.  I’m at a loss.  I’ve done a factory reset on almost everything.  I’ve re-booted the router several times.  This all started after the last Sonos update.  Any ideas?  

icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 31 January 2021, 23:46

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Fixed!  I have an Asus Zen Wifi AX system with 1 router and 1 node, and it was using auto select for the 2.4 GHz channel and was using 7.  I switched to 6 and all is right with the world!  Thank you for the advice, wish I’d asked sooner!

Are the devices running on your WiFi signal or the internal SonosNet signal? In either case have you perhaps tried changing/fixing the 2.4Ghz channel on the router and setting it to a non-overlapping channel such as channel 1, 6 or 11 and maybe also use a channel-width of 20MHz .. you may also find these two links useful:

Sonos Support Document:

WiFi Interference

Wireless Interference Video:

Wireless Interference and Sonos