What's wrong with my sonos system?

• 14 May 2021
  • 7 replies

I have one set of play 1 sterio pair

A sonos move

A sonos one

And two more play 1

They're driving me mad lately being full of glitches. Me speakers keep disappearing and sometimes take days to find as even installing them as new doesn't find them sometimes. If I ask alexa what's playing, I'm told either nothing is playing or the wrong song and the speakers won't play in unison with some even playing different songs despite being set in the same group. Lastly it keeps skipping tracks half way through. It's just weird. I've recently upgraded my router to try and help with the demand but it's not really helped. Anybody know whats up? 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

Userlevel 7

Try rebooting your router and unplugging all of your speakers from power for about a minute.

What model router are you using?

It's an archer C6

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

I suspect that neither the speakers nor the app are “full of glitches”. A network or wifi issue is more likely. Have you tried generating a diagnostics report and contacting Sonos support? Are you operating wired, or have you tried a SonosNet configuration? Have you set your router to a fixed channel? Have your neighbours changed their wifi?

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

Sonos need a wifi 6 new generation to work well.

Nik9669a yeah I should have thought of setting a fixed channel earlier. I'll see how this goes for most of the issues but I don't think it explains why both inbuilt and separate alexa systems are out of sync with what's actually playing 

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Can you support this claim?

Rubbish