Answered

Slow flashing orange light & unresponsive Roam speaker

• 25 April 2021
  • 8 replies

So basically the orange LED is flashing slowly, i tried to read thru the manual and it said the product is in too hot environment (?), my room temperature is approx. 23°C. Also the speaker is now unresponsive and wont turn on or off, nor is showing in my Sonos app anymore.

Any tips for solving this?

Edit: I tried to plug it into a charger but that did not help either, its completely bricked. Kinda disappointed, i was only able to use it for total of 45 minutes yesterday…Money well spent💸💸

icon

Best answer by UKMedia 25 April 2021, 09:52

Hi

If your device is flashing Orange On/Off then it’s battery is low.  Please see this article: Sonos LED Lights | Sonos  (Scroll down to Battery Light)

Edit:

It’s also stating that your charger is faulty.  I suggest that you unplug the charger for 5 mins and then retry.  If the problem persists, then I suggest you return the charger as defective or contact Sonos support

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi

If your device is flashing Orange On/Off then it’s battery is low.  Please see this article: Sonos LED Lights | Sonos  (Scroll down to Battery Light)

Edit:

It’s also stating that your charger is faulty.  I suggest that you unplug the charger for 5 mins and then retry.  If the problem persists, then I suggest you return the charger as defective or contact Sonos support

Hi

Edit:

I tried the wireless charger and the usb c charger, neither of them unfroze the speaker. Only thing that happens is that the light turns into solid orange from slow flashing orange and nothing works even after 1-2 hours of charging so im not sure what is going on, maybe the whole speaker is just an expensive boat anchor ? I feel like the whole speaker is bricked 😤

Edit: That worked, thank you! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi

Edit:

I tried the wireless charger and the usb c charger, neither of them unfroze the speaker. Only thing that happens is that the light turns into solid orange from slow flashing orange and nothing works even after 1-2 hours of charging so im not sure what is going on, maybe the whole speaker is just an expensive boat anchor ? I feel like the whole speaker is bricked 😤

Solid Orange indicates the speaker is charging, I would leave it charging for a longer period.  If the problem isn’t resolved after 2-3hrs, then contact customer support tomorrow.

I have the same problem and nothing seems to fix the problem!!!! 😤

After being idle for days my Roam orange light was flashing, I took that as a sign battery was low and plugged in the charger - the light went to continuous orange for much longer than ten seconds AND the Roam did not show on my control panel - so I was very worried there was a significant problem and I should contact Support. BUT after a while when the battery was up to 10% the orange light did go out and the Roam did then show on the control panel and all was well and the charge continued to 100%.

So don’t necessarily panic Mr Mainwering or others!

I had a similar experience after receiving the ROAM last week, and setting up and charging, I put it in a desk drawer for about a week to come back to the unresponsive / flashing orange light.  In the end, patience with the charging process was the magic bullet.  I think that I did not power the unit down correctly and it was totally drained when I  went to use it again.  It took 2 hours with a direct connection via usb-c to a 65w power source, but it finally came back to life.

Feels like a speaker I can’t count on. The on off button is not a tactile pleasure. It’s hard to push and hold down, let alone find in the first place. Half the time when I’m ready to use -- something or another is going wrong with this thing. Ready to send it back and get a different brand. Geesh.

Man, my Roam just did the same thing. Just stopped playing and started slowly blinking orange. Was using it for tunes via bluetooth. Was 100% charged a couple days ago and this is the first time turning it on since then. Been playing for maybe an hour. Seems to be locked up.