Answered

Connect older Sonos to Orbi Wifi 6

I have several older Sonos devices which I had been connecting to my router with a Sonos bridge. I replaced the router with a Netgear Orbi Wifi 6 mesh network and connected the bridge to an Ethernet port on the Orbi, but the bridge does not connect to the router. Repowering the bridge or pressing the connect button have no effect. Suggestions anyone?

Thanks,

Tony

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 2 May 2022, 23:56

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

The Bridge power supply may have finally given up the ghost. They have a tendency to lose voltage as they age. Temporarily wire another Sonos device in place of the Bridge and see if the system returns.

Assuming all is well, and you don’t want to leave that player wired, you’d have the choice of purchasing a Boost or running the system entirely on the Orbi’s WiFi in “wireless” mode. Personally I’d get a Boost and maintain the current topology. Mesh WiFis can cause issues for Sonos.

Your Bridge would qualify you for a 30% trade-up discount on a Boost.

Thanks ratty! I had a spare bridge, swapped it out, and all is well.

Good, but IMO you’re quite possibly on borrowed time. The Bridge is ancient tech.

Agreed. I’d replace the BRIDGE with a BOOST, or simply wire directly to one of the speakers, and retire that BRIDGE.