Answered

Can't connect error message when try to play from Music Library on MacBook PRO w/ Big Sur

• 16 January 2021
  • 3 replies

When I try to play music from my music library I get the “unable to play because computer can’t find the server message.”  And the pathway to the specific song - which Sonos can’t find - is the pathway from my old computer that I got rid of about 18 months ago.  I was able to play music from my library until recently - I cannot remember if the change happened after I upgraded to Big Sur or not.  Any advice?

Facts:  My Music Library is on my Mac.  I have removed the old music folder in the Sonos settings which had been carried over from before the upgrade and have installed the new music folder.  I have also uninstalled the Sonos controller - S1 since i have an old speaker - and reinstalled it to see if that would shake things up.  Again, even though I have installed my new music folder for some reason Sonos still searches for the old pathway when I click on a song.  There is no firewall on.  File Sharing is not checked.   And I access the Sonos speaker over wireless but not my library.  Streaming radio etc. is fine.  And also I can play my Music Library through my Mac speakers fine.

Hopefully someone might have some advice.  Thanks.

icon

Best answer by Stanley_4 16 January 2021, 22:44

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

This seems to have done the trick - thank you so much.

Thank you

I have not done either of these things.  Will look into this and see if it helps.  Not sure exactly what this means but will try and figure it out.

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Did you rebuild your Library index after the move?

Did you update your playlists to use the new library location?