Answered

Can't connect error message when try to play from Music Library on MacBook PRO w/ Big Sur

• 16 January 2021
  • 3 replies

When I try to play music from my music library I get the “unable to play because computer can’t find the server message.”  And the pathway to the specific song - which Sonos can’t find - is the pathway from my old computer that I got rid of about 18 months ago.  I was able to play music from my library until recently - I cannot remember if the change happened after I upgraded to Big Sur or not.  Any advice?

Facts:  My Music Library is on my Mac.  I have removed the old music folder in the Sonos settings which had been carried over from before the upgrade and have installed the new music folder.  I have also uninstalled the Sonos controller - S1 since i have an old speaker - and reinstalled it to see if that would shake things up.  Again, even though I have installed my new music folder for some reason Sonos still searches for the old pathway when I click on a song.  There is no firewall on.  File Sharing is not checked.   And I access the Sonos speaker over wireless but not my library.  Streaming radio etc. is fine.  And also I can play my Music Library through my Mac speakers fine.

Hopefully someone might have some advice.  Thanks.

icon

Best answer by Stanley_4 16 January 2021, 22:44

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Did you rebuild your Library index after the move?

Did you update your playlists to use the new library location?

Thank you

I have not done either of these things.  Will look into this and see if it helps.  Not sure exactly what this means but will try and figure it out.

This seems to have done the trick - thank you so much.