Answered

Apple Music reauthorization

• 19 August 2022
  • 6 replies

About two weeks ago, the Sonos app asked me to reauthorize Apple Music (I have an Android phone running Android 12). I followed the steps and ended up in an endless loop of requests for reauthorization. I’ve done everything I can possibly do - my controller and system (Play3) are up to date, I’ve factory reset, I’ve uninstalled and reinstalled the controller app and Apple Music, I checked my internet connection.

I see several threads where this seems to happen from time to time. Is anyone else experiencing this issue and do Sonos/Apple ever fix it?

icon

Best answer by 106rallye 19 August 2022, 21:54

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Though the search function on this forum seems to actively prevent me from finding anything useful, I remember that someone posted using a borrowed iPhone to authorize Apple Music on Sonos. Apple does seem to lose this possibility on Sonos from time to time for their Android customers. 

Lovely. Thankfully I won a free year of Apple Music, because I am definitely heading back to Spotify after this.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Xerofilter 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

You could try the steps that @FastMike has laid out in this thread:

You will need to use/borrow an Apple device, however.

I hope this helps.

Yeah, I don’t have access to any Apple devices. Thanks anyway.

1 week ago this happened to me. All my music is on apple and I now can't use sonos to play any of our songs.

I go through an endless cycle of re-authorization. 

Can anyone help.

Interestingly sonos still works with my tvs and the radio etc. But not apple music.

Sorry we don't have any apple devices in the house