Answered

Why is your s/w so bad?

• 3 November 2022
  • 9 replies

Why is your s/w so bad?  I have 3 sonos1.  I just bought 3 sonos sl.  I connected one of the sonos sl and now I don’t see the sonos 1 on my app on my iphone.  I just see the new sonos sl.  what happened to the other 3 sonos 1 and why I cannot see them?  Also, I have the reverse problem on my mac, where I see the sonos 1 devices but not the new sonos sl device.  Fix this **stuff**!  Who has the time to trouble shoot your crappy s/w after paying premium price for these devices?

*Moderator Note: Modified in accordance with the Community Code of Conduct.*

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 3 November 2022, 04:20

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

9 replies

Also why in F do you force folks to update to S2 if they don’t want to do that.  It should be my F’ing choice to update my devices and my app.

There seems to be some sort of misunderstanding here. There is no Sonos 1, only the Sonos PLAY:1 and the Sonos One (and Sonos One SL), so it’s confusing as to what you actually have. 

Also, Sonos doesn’t force anyone to change from S1 to S2. There are quite a few users in this forum who run S1 systems along side S2 systems, without issue. Most people, myself included, updated all of their components to S2, even the PLAY:1s, since they’re perfectly capable of running it, since they have a fast enough CPU and enough RAM to do so.

If you can provide more detailed information about your specific system here in this community forum, perhaps we could help you. If you’d prefer to rant at Sonos, your best bet would be to call Sonos Support directly, only the few forum moderators here are employees of Sonos. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Is it possible you’ve set up a new system, and it’s running in parallel with the old? That would explain different speakers being visible on different controllers. 

I suppose it’s possible the “crappy software” forced the user to select “Setup a new system” instead of “Connect to an existing system”, but it is highly unlikely. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Sounds like your (unspecified) router is the one running the bad software. Seems unable to reliably pass broadcast and multicast between radio frequencies.

Sure.  Blame it on the router and be in denial.   Is everyones routers that are bad, not your bad s/w.   To confirm, they are Sonos Play 1 and Sonos SL, and I never received any option to choose if I want to keep using the S1 app instead of having to upgrade the app from S1 to S2.  The S1 app simply doesn’t load anymore and displays an options button and when you select it, it gives you NO option to proceed with the S1 app without having to install the S2 app.  That is infuriating.  It is almost as if you added a check the box option for CYA to say, “See, we gave you an option” but the S1 app simply won’t continue working.  And then all the Sonos speakers constantly want to keep updating their s/w and you don’t have a choice.  You either have to do it or you cannot use the app or your speakers.  That is BS.  And, I had to re-add of the new SLs again next day to see them again.  Insane.  How do you get away with this?  Read the tons of threads about people complaining about the same issues.

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Yeah, once you’ve used this so called “community forum”, you find that the fanboys always blame the user, the router, the air in the room, the solar cycle, and NEVER Sonos.  We all know who they are and most are probably paid or unpaid agents of Sonos b/c most of the time they just make excuses for Sonos!   They’re not honest brokers in my observance over a decade on here.  Too many examples to list here.  Ignore them and hope a helpful Sonos community member will actually address your issues, b/c Sonos’ new lighter/airier/non-existent c/s dept surely won’t!  If I’d experienced your issues, I’d help. 

OK, Rrnt off.  Have a nice holiday folks!  

Yeah, once you’ve used this so called “community forum”, you find that the fanboys always blame the user, the router, the air in the room, the solar cycle, and NEVER Sonos.  We all know who they are and most are probably paid or unpaid agents of Sonos b/c most of the time they just make excuses for Sonos!   They’re not honest brokers in my observance over a decade on here.  Too many examples to list here.  Ignore them and hope a helpful Sonos community member will actually address your issues, b/c Sonos’ new lighter/airier/non-existent c/s dept surely won’t!  If I’d experienced your issues, I’d help. 

OK, Rrnt off.  Have a nice holiday folks!  

*YAWN*

I’m not sure exactly which model speakers are in your system or when you purchased your units. I suggest that you read through this compatibility list, especially the note about the ONE SL compatibility with S1.