Speakers won’t re register to Sonos account after factory reset

• 29 September 2018
  • 38 replies

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

38 replies

I also have this problem. The app says that no speakers are registered to my account but when I check this site it shows the speaker under my account -> products so I think there is a mismatch somewhere.In the app, go to Settings, Account Settings. Is the email address the one you are expecting?

yes and the account id is the same as well.
I also have this problem. The app says that no speakers are registered to my account but when I check this site it shows the speaker under my account -> products so I think there is a mismatch somewhere.In the app, go to Settings, Account Settings. Is the email address the one you are expecting?
I also have this problem. The app says that no speakers are registered to my account but when I check this site it shows the speaker under my account -> products so I think there is a mismatch somewhere.
I had the exact same problem, with the ethernet cable I resolved it, Thanks
OK, so Sonos support was of no real help - just relaying their standard flow chart troubleshooting tree. THey were bringing up the 'not a good signal, plug into the router, asking for the model of router, etc.etc'

The problem with this type of thoughtless troubleshooting is that it completely ignores the 10 or so sonos speakers I've setup with no issues.

In any event, the problem I was having was due to a duplicate IP address on the network. There was a computer on the network that was hard coded for an ip address that was within the DHCP scope. It took a while to find it. However, once I changed the hard coded computer to an ip address outside of the DHCP range, everything worked as expected. I was able to register the speaker and create the stereo pair like normal.

HTH!
Having this same problem now - working through Twitter support - not very good thus far....will keep you posted. Having the exact same problem as Denboj and r0bbailey....
Denboj/r0bbailey,

If you do get this issue fixed, can someone here please kindly let me know what the problem was, just for future reference please ... thank you ?
I understand the 24/7 support is via Twitter and Facebook ... the email option will obviously work, but I’m not sure that is covered 24/7, so you may have to wait till the weekend is over to get a response in that instance.
Ken_Griffiths

Thanks for the response. Have tried connecting one of the speakers via Ethernet and afraid it still doesn’t work. Also can’t change to boost setup mode as can’t get any further I to the app without registering the speakers (which I can’t do). All very frustrating.

What if I don’t have Twitter? Is the email support function as good?

Thanks
r0bbailey,

I would contact Sonos Support via Twitter where they provide 24/7 support and they can perhaps take a look at at what is happening ... see below:

Contact Sonos Support via Twitter.
I have exactly the same issue. Trying to set a Play1 up on a new network. Have tried both wireless and boost setup and factory reset. The product is showing up in the account, and everything works fine in terms of setting the Sonos play 1 up. However, once setup, and the controller looks as though it’s going to its normal home screen for choosing music etc, it defaults to the “Register your speakers” (we can’t find any speakers registered to your sonos account) screen.

Clicking on register your speakers results in exactly the scenario outlined above - a lot Ng250up time (a number of minutes) trying to do something, then displays exactly th same message as above. This happens on loop and there doesn’t appear to be an way to get past this stage.

Any help much appreciated as I have a useless product at the moment. I’m a long-time sonos user and always been happy but this is getting massively frustrating
Oh and don’t forget to choose the Boost Mode setup if you do try that ...and please see the below link of how to switch back to the standard WiFi mode before disconnecting your speaker cable from the router:

Switching a Sonos Household between Standard & BOOST mode & vice versa
Does the speaker setup work if you try it whilst the speaker is cabled to your router over Ethernet?