Skip to main content
Question

Speakers missing from app after most recent update

• 17 June 2024
  • 4 replies

We have 3x Play 1s, an Alexa Play 1, a surround system with a playbar, sub, and 2x Play 1s, 2x Gen2 Amps, and 2x Gen1 Amps. Since the recent app update all of our speakers except one single play 1 have disappeared from the app. Occasionally they show back up but as soon as you try to select them to play musica they all disappear again. I can sometimes see them in Update Networks but they just continually show up there even after following the procedure. I have also tried completely resetting speakers and re-adding them to no avail. Our system is completely unusable right now.

4 replies

Badge

Following. Sorry I'm no help, I'm just experiencing the exact same issue.

Same here! I have been using the old app until today because the new one didn't work. Today I was forced to upgrade. After starting the new app and connecting - successfully - to my system, all my speakers are just gone!

Badge

Same here! I have been using the old app until today because the new one didn't work. Today I was forced to upgrade. After starting the new app and connecting - successfully - to my system, all my speakers are just gone!

Yeah, I also experienced this issue after I was forced to upgrade from the old app - half my speakers disappeared, and the remaining ones were dropping one by one over a period of a few hours.

Knock on wood, but now they're all connected again. I first tried rebooting each speaker (unplugging for 10 seconds). Nothing happened. Ran around the house about 3x repeatedly rebooting speakers and router. Still nothing. About the 3rd time I rebooted my speakers and then router, all speakers reconnected about 20 minutes later.

Exactly same issue here. Has anyone had a response from Sonos yet? I’ve tried ringing support, but the wait times are huge. I’m guessing there’s a lot of people with issues right now.

We’ve used Sonos for over 15 years and found it amazing, referred many friends to the system too. What has happened these last few months the system has become very unreliable, and now unusable? So disappointing.