Answered

Sonos Play 5 Gen:2 will not connect to WiFi

Userlevel 1
I forgot to add the diagnostic information, its #1488866377
icon

Best answer by Ryan S 25 July 2019, 19:42

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

108 replies

Badge

Hi @Corry P 

Apologies for the delayed feedback.

I just wanted to inform you that I got the replacement unit last week.

Thank you so much for your assistance, and also to SONOS for its customer service policy

Best regards

Frederic

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Frederic H. 

You are most welcome! Glad to hear you got things sorted!

I have two, paired (L+R) Play 5, Gen 2 speakers.  Initially, several years ago, both were setup on my WiFi network and worked fine. Over a year ago, the right speaker stopped receiving.  After multiple failed attempts to reconnect and even deleting my “sonos network” in the mobile app and restarting the setup process from scratch (about 5 times through the process), I could never get the second speaker to work. 

I recently moved the two speakers to another part of my house.  This time, the speakers are within proximity to my Internet router. I reattempted to connect the 2nd play 5; multiple tries from the Android Sonos app, it would see the speaker, attempt to add it to my sonos network, but would always fail. The setup then suggested to connect to the ethernet port on the router.  It worked, and I was able to finally use the 2nd play 5, and have the L+R paired again.  However, I don’t want the ethernet cable going across my room where the speakers are. 

In the Sonos app, it shows the L speaker as connected to my WiFi network.  But the R speaker is not, even though “Wifi Enabled” is checked. I attempted to Disable Wifi, re-enable, and disconnect the ethernet cable - it does not connect and only works with being hardwired. 

I found this article, and submitted the diagnostics for my Sonos system - the confirmation numbers are 1808227857 and 2092425013.

Associated Product: 192.168.86.25
---------------------------------
Play:5: Media Room (L)
Serial Number: *********************
Sonos OS: S2
Version: 15.11 (build 76247270)
Hardware Version: 1.13.1.7-1.2
Series ID: C100
IP Address: 192.168.86.25
WM: 1
---------------------------------
Play:5: Media Room (R)
Serial Number: ***********************
Sonos OS: S2
Version: 15.11 (build 76247270)
Hardware Version: 1.13.1.7-1.2
Series ID: C100
IP Address: 192.168.86.28
WM: 0

The Serial Number: ****************** speaker is the one that fails to connect to WiFi and is connected to the router.

Moderator edit: removed serial numbers

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

You should call Sonos support with the numbers and your issue, this is mostly a user to user forum with limited Sonos support.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @rljnc61 

I can confirm that your Play:5 does have a fault - please contact our technical support team.

@Stanley_4 - I did when the original problem happened and Sonos support was horrible and with no resolution.  I found this atricle, and saw that others were having the same issue, and I saw Sonos staff responding.   So, you say “user to user”, but clearly in the history of this thread, there are many product owners receiving help from Sonos.

@Corry P - thank you for confirming the fault in the speaker. I will attempt to contact support again.

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

@Stanley_4 - I did when the original problem happened and Sonos support was horrible and with no resolution.  I found this atricle, and saw that others were having the same issue, and I saw Sonos staff responding.   So, you say “user to user”, but clearly in the history of this thread, there are many product owners receiving help from Sonos.

Many, but not all, and there is no promise of a response time if your post is seen.

To be sure you are helped, directly contacting Sonos is far the best bet.