Skip to main content
Question

sonos New App

• 10 July 2024
  • 2 replies

I am writing to express my extreme frustration and disappointment with the latest update of your app. This situation has brought me to the brink of packing up all my Sonos speakers and putting them in storage. Since the update, my experience has been nothing short of a disaster:

1. Speaker Detection Issues: The app intermittently fails to detect my speakers. They appear and disappear at random, making it impossible to manage them effectively.
2. Grouping Problems: When I try to split the music in one room from the group, the remaining speakers stop working and cannot be re-grouped. This has rendered the multi-room functionality unusable.
3. Playback Failures: None of the speakers will play music after attempting to manage them through the app.
4. App Connectivity: The app frequently loses connection with the speakers and is unable to detect them again.
5. Google Assistant Issues: The Google Assistant voice feature has been unable to connect and function properly for months. The support wait times have been consistently long and unreasonable, making it nearly impossible to get the technical assistance needed.

Moreover, the support wait times are exceedingly long, often over 70 minutes, and the chat support has not been helpful in resolving these issues. This situation is unacceptable and has caused significant inconvenience.

I urge you to provide an option to revert to the previous version of the app until these critical bugs are resolved. Additionally, I would appreciate a more responsive and effective support system to address these urgent issues.

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

have a look here:
https://www.reddit.com/r/sonos/comments/1dy8srm/common_fixes_on_a_home_network_for_mdns_new_sonos/

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

At this time, I have to ask if the left hand over at Sonos knows what the right hand is doing…

I’m one of many having issues adding the Google Assistant to Sonos Speakers. After spending hours this weekend, I’ve managed to add it back to 2 of my 5 speakers. Nice of course with some progress but at the same time, quite odd when reading a Sonos representative saying in the linked thread below how this issue is still ongoing and being tracked by their issue tracker. With no ETA when the issue will be addressed. Guess I was just lucky with the two speakers where I managed to add the assistant.

Checking the Sonos status page where you’re supposed to see any ongoing issues with the offered services, Google Voice Assistant is marked as green, indicating no current issues.

https://status.sonos.com/

Come on Sonos, get this sorted now please so your customers can use their products as intended!