Answered

Sonos Arc & Subs keep disconnecting from WIFi

• 11 February 2023
  • 7 replies

• Contributor I
  • 3 replies

I have two Sonos Arc’s each with Subs in two rooms. Each time I launch the app and try to play music say from Iheart or anyone it says system disconnected. It says let’s find your products and then says it “we couldn’t find any products on” the wifi network. I keep having to restart the router, turn off the sonos products for it to reconnect. Once I get all four functioning and turn it off the next tie I open the app to play music again it says disconnected and won’t connect or play the speakers. I have to repeat the turning off and on of everything. Any suggestions?

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 11 February 2023, 22:37

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

Userlevel 7

What model router do you have? Is it close enough where you can wire either Arc directly to the router with an ethernet cable?

First thanks for trying to help. I have a Motorola MG8725 router. I could get a ethernet cable and plug it into one of the devices. Excuse my lack of techyness but do I plug into the router and then to the back of one of the devices such as the Arc?

Userlevel 7

Yes, connect one of the Arcs directly to the router with an ethernet cable. You don’t have to connect the other Arc, and don’t connect the Subs. This will create SonosNet, a dedicated mesh network for your Sonos devices that will often improve the network performance of all of your Sonos speakers. After you connect the Arc to the router, wait a few minutes to allow the other speakers to connect to SonosNet and you should be good to go.

once I do that can I disconnect it and be good to go with my phone app and hopefully all speakers/subs working. Can’t thank you enough. 

It I keep a ethernet cable connected to one of the Arc’s all speakers and sub are connected and the app on my phone works to control all. But I once I disconnect the ethernet cable from the Arc my phone app instantly disconnects them? When originally installed all the speakers were wirelessly connected to the router and functioned from my phone app. Any clue as to how to have the system connect wirelessly and operate from the phone app. I did change routers a few months ago and they operated I believe but now they keep going off line?

Userlevel 7

It sounds like your network can’t handle your Sonos system in a wired setup. If all of your speakers work with the one Arc wired, keep it wired. I keep one of my speakers wired at all times. As a result, my 11 Sonos devices all work perfectly.

Same issue and once I plugged the Beam in all the other ** works great wireless. WTF! Thanks!

*Moderator Note: Modified in accordance with the Community Code of Conduct.*