Answered

Sonos App Not Working With New Mesh Routers

• 25 February 2023
  • 3 replies

I just got a new Mesh wi-fi system and my Sonos APPS stopped working (speakers work just fine with voice commands).

My laptop and phone tells me that these devices are on a different network than the hardware. Odd, as there’s only one network.

The on-screen prompt fixes are no help at all. It just gets to a point where it fails and gives me no recourse.

What else can I try?

I have four Sonos ones and a bridge. TP-Link - Deco AX4300 Pro Dual-Band Wi-Fi 6 Mesh Wi-Fi System (3-Pack) - White. The devices play music and take commands just fine.

icon

Best answer by Stanley_4 26 February 2023, 04:39

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Update: I fixed it, seems like. I plugged my Boost directly into the new router, and just kept plugging and unplugging *it* till it worked.

*Moderator Note: Modified in accordance with the Community Code of Conduct.*

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

I saw Bridge in your first post and was going to suggest removing it, looks like you have a Boost and that isn’t the issue.

Make sure your Boost is connected to the base unit, not an extender.

Make sure your 5 GHz and 2.4 GHz channels are merged. If not that connect your controller to the 2.4 GHz radio.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Update: I fixed it, seems like. I plugged my Boost directly into the new router, and just kept plugging and unplugging *it* till it worked.

That’s the right way to do it.

*Moderator Note: Modified in accordance with the Community Code of Conduct.*