Answered

Sonos 1 app not working

• 28 December 2023
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 2

My Sonos 1 app is saying 5 of my 7 Sonos products are incompatible. When I go through the menus and select continue using S1 nothing happens and they are still incompatible. Having spent significant money on older sonos product I can’t afford to change them to s2 products and am perfectly happy to continue with s1 but it doesn’t work now

icon

Best answer by Corry P 2 January 2024, 12:16

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Could you (or someone in your home) inadvertently have upgraded the devices to S2?

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @mosstim1 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

I think @106rallye has hit the nail on the head here.

I recommend you get in touch with our technical support team who have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and what it reports - they will guide you through the process of getting your speakers back onto S1 without the loss of data.

I recommend then having a quick word with family members regarding not using the S2 app going forward, and creating a guest WiFi for visitors in case it wasn’t someone who lives with you who did this.

I hope this helps.