Skip to main content
Answered

Should I buy 1 era300 or 2 era100’s for music playback?

• 14 June 2024
  • 3 replies

I’m looking at a music setup in a room sized around 5.5m by 4m and was wanting some advice on what to get.

The price is roughly the same for 2 era 100’s v 1 era 300.

at a later stage, I may also look at adding a second era300 (if I choose that option) and maybe a mini sub but at this stage, just starting out.

I’ve got play 1’s and one’s in other rooms and they are great, but for this room, I want to go with the era type speakers.

i  subscribe to Apple Music so have access to spacial and Dolby Atmos.

any advise would be much appreciated.

3 replies

Userlevel 7

If you are interested in Dolby Atmos music, I would go with the Era 300 with the plan of adding a second Era 300 to create a stereo pair in the future.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

The Era 300 has larger drivers than the Era 100, so the former will deliver wider frequency response than the latter. Going to two Era 100s will only improve stereo separation, not frequency response.

Goes without saying, two Era 300s is the best configuration. So if this is “in the cards” down the road, I’d definitely start with a single Era 300 now.

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

I have a similar sized room and 2x era300’s. It’s like songs are being sing in front of me. If you can afford a second era 300 at a later date (ebay? Or certified used on sonos site) i highly recommend them