Skip to main content
Question

random muting on my system

• 10 July 2024
  • 7 replies

Hi ,

my system is randomly muted . Especially my Arc while watching TV. I am connected to my  Sony Bravia TV trough Arc HDMI. Everything was working till Sonos latest major  update.

*Moderator Note: Removed diagnostic number*

7 replies

You should call Sonos Support directly to discuss your diagnostic. 

Hi ,

my system is randomly muted . Especially my Arc while watching TV. I am connected to my  Sony Bravia TV trough Arc HDMI. Everything was working till Sonos latest major  update.

*Moderator Note: Removed diagnostic number*

So…should diagnostic numbers going forward not be included in a post? Including them in a follow-up has been SOP in the past. Hopefully, a moderator can pick this up and advise us. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @AjTrek1 

They can technically (but not usually) be used as means of confirming identification - therefore, they are identifying pieces of information and technically shouldn’t be shared in a public space.

I hope this helps.

Hi @AjTrek1 

They can technically (but not usually) be used as means of confirming identification - therefore, they are identifying pieces of information and technically shouldn’t be shared in a public space.

I hope this helps.

@Corry P 

Thanks for the clarification. So they are now considered as PII (Personal Identity Information) the same as  Social Security Number or similar information in the US. WOW…that’s a stretch 😂.

It may be prudent to add a warning in the link to not publish the number in the community as a CYA. 😊

https://support.sonos.com/en-us/article/submit-diagnostics

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @AjTrek1 

@Corry P

Thanks for the clarification. So they are now considered as PII (Personal Identity Information) the same as  Social Security Number or similar information in the US. WOW…that’s a stretch 😂.

Now hold on 😂

The meaning was that if you call in, we’ll ask you for your email address to find your account. We will then ask for a second piece of info to verify who you are - I used to use Postcodes (UK ZIP number), but a speaker serial number, your Sonos ID or a diagnostic number can also serve. For this reason, none of them should be shared in a public place (including email).

It may be prudent to add a warning in the link to not publish the number in the community as a CYA. 😊

https://support.sonos.com/en-us/article/submit-diagnostics

Yeah, that might not be a bad idea. I will need to convince the web team.

Hi. Thank you for the clarification. I was not aware of that. So next step is to call directly Sonos ? Or can I have some help via email or message ?

Unfortunately, Sonos only does their support via phone, not email. You might try the Chatbot, but I suspect rather quickly it will suggest that you need to call in.