Skip to main content

Hello,

Yesterday my Play 3 was working fine as usual. Then we moved it outside as we have done many times before. Now it's not working.

The status at this moment is:

Play 3 is not registered.

When I try to do it, the message is "Unable to add Play 3 to the system, try again later."

The following things are tested:

• Wiring the device with a network cable.
  • Moving it closer to the router; I have a mesh Unify network so it's very stable.
  • Resetting the device to factory settings.
  • Trying to use a different phone to add it.

Need some help, thank you.

I am dealing with the same thing with one of my play 3’s.  Problem began two days ago.  Spent hours and hours with two different tech / audio visual companies.  On our 3rd router and also had spectrum added as a 2nd internet provider because we were told att fiber was the cause.  Still does not work. Nothing works.  I have 44 Sonos devices in my home.  We just ordered denon amps and having the house reworked to be rid of Sonos.  This type of problem is far too common.  We have speakers go down and cause issues like this weekly. And instead of purchasing newer speakers and adding to an overly developed system.  We are going to discard it.  Which is a shame because we’ve spent over 150k on this house alone.  And almost a 1mm on Sonos devices between my other houses and my offices.  So so excited to shed myself of this overly confident * of a company!!

*Moderator Note: Modified in accordance with the Community Code of Conduct.*

The maximum amount of Sonos on a single system is 32. How were you able to connect 44? Did you set up multiple ‘systems’?