Skip to main content

So after getting the app update yesterday my Sonos system is now destroyed. The new app does not work - could not play anything, would not connect to my music library. Tried resetting the app - this did not work. Have just reset the entire system, reset teh speakers and now it is even worse as I cannot re-connect the speakers! Waht the f*** is going on?

Please can you revert to the app that was working perfectrly well on Tuesday? I now have 2 speakers that I may as well throw in the bin.

Can anyone recommend another decent speaker system as I fear Sonos has just shot itself in the foot...

Same thing is happening to me. I made an ask a question about it since their support lines are at a 50+ minute wait for help, and there are ZERO chat reps available. My entire system is now bricked…

If you’re going to sell your kit, please can you let me know as I’d be interested

Android Roll back steps to 16.1:-

I uninstalled the sonos app.

Went to apkmirror.com on my phone browser, and downloaded Sonos 16.1 (arm64 v8a). Then opened the download folder and ran the install. (You may have to select the permissions on your phone to allow you to do that). Following install I turned off wi-fi and mobile data, then went to play store and selected do not automatically update apps. Then turned wi-fi and mobile data back on, then ran the app and signed in.

I have the same problem. My system is a nightmare. The sound drops from speaker to speaker. Hear cracks from my Arc. Spent 4 hour to reconnect my 7 Sonos speakers. They wouldn’t connect, couldn’t find the network.

Same thing is happening to me.  I spent over an hour with their tech support, and it got even worse with their “interventions.”  They said my bandwidth isn’t fast enough

, but it was working perfectly before the update.  The speakers, music  just keep dropping . On top of that the app won’t turn off the speakers.  Wtf, Sonos!!!  

I am having the same issues.  I cannot get speakers to play, even though they show up in my system.  I get an error message “something went wrong”.  Also cannot connect my One SL.  I have both IOS and Android.  Neither one works.  My internet provider app shows the speakers are connected to Wi-Fi, but they won’t play and now do not show up on airplay.  What is even more frustrating is that I had some functionality the first day after the update, but performance has deteriorated to the point of no function at all.

This new app is a nightmare, I just want to convert it back, does anyone know how?

I used their sleep timer and alarm functions every day. I want to adjust my alarm tomorrow but it doesn’t seem to exist in the new app. I wish they warned FUNCTIONALITY REMOVED before updating. 😖😖

Honestly, everything about Sonos is a nightmare. I just need to go with a different brand. My system is a lot older. I get it. But you spend a lot of money, build a system over time and it's just problem after problem. I'd be horrified to know the amount of time I've spent troubleshooting these things. It shouldn't be this difficult. 

Same nightmare scenario for me. I have an older system that was working just fine. Then moved to a new house as Sonos was launching its app update. Now none of my speakers works. 

after waiting forever to talk with a tech rep I learned they are aware with an issue for the update to Play:5 but no timeline for resolution. And after I finally was able to connect my Play:1 to my system (new wifi) the speaker is unable to play anything. Always get the same message “something went wrong. Try later.”

You will spend the rest of your life trying to get it to work but it sounds great for 5 mins when you do......£800 done the drain. Anyone recommend another brand that actually works?

Moderator Note: Modified in accordance with the Community Code of Conduct.

When are we filing the class action lawsuit?

When are we filing the class action lawsuit?

I totally agree, I was just thinking the same thing. I may just sue in small claims court.

change back to how you used to be or I am leaving.

F*** I am p***ed. 

I loved you and your changes forced on me SUCK.

please tell me your fixing this bs now.

OR are you like AB and can’t take responsibility for a mistake 

Moderator Note: Modified in accordance with the Community Code of Conduct.

So on Saturday I spent about 4 plus hours on this issue. I had tried the chat once before but it was late in the day and after they cut me off twice because it took too long for me to respond when they finally typed a message, the third time it was about 15 minutes until closing time and they just unceremoniously dumped me off of the chat. So Saturday I was determined to get through. I think I was like number 47 on the chat when I first got in. The guy had me do a bunch of different things many of which I had already done and I was on the phone with him for over 2 hours. At the end of the chat he started trying to blame my Samsung TV for the problem. Which I thought was ridiculous. I told him that and that was the end of the chat. Then I decided to continue my troubleshooting on my own. I spent about another 2 to 3 hours resetting every one of the five speakers that I have. I uninstalled the new Sonos app and reinstalled the old Sonos app which wouldn't run because it kept telling me I needed to update. So I reinstalled the new app and then the speakers started showing up on the app but not all of them. I can set up the beam and I could set up the sub but not the two play speakers so I would reset them again. Then only the play speakers would show up but not the beam or the sub. And on and on and on. Anyway after setting and resetting and installing and uninstalling and adding and adding and adding and adding these speakers to my system I finally got them all added The sound started playing for about 3 minutes then it stopped. Then I unplugged the HDMI cable from the beam and plugged it back in, sound came back. Then it stopped again so I unplugged the cord again and plugged it in again and the sound started again but then it kept cutting off. So I did order a new cable just to be sure that that's not part of the problem. After messing around with the cable a couple more times everything seems to be okay now and I hope I didn't just jinx it. What a nightmare!