I hate my sonos system

• 11 December 2022
  • 2 replies

I have had my Sonos system for five years. Over that period it has gone from working properly 10% of the time I try to use it to now, about 75%. If I get another cannot find your system or reboot your router or move my speakers closer to my router message  l will scream. I have reinstalled at least 50 times . I fantasize about burning my speakers in a backyard fire and posting the video. Today is a perfect example. A nice quiet Sunday am and wanted to put on quiet classical piano with our coffee. We had the system playing holiday music yesterday, working fine.  Today, it cannot find my system/speakers.  I have a house with a very effective wireless router that reaches all corners of my home including my office in the furthest corner where I am on zoom calls via wireless all day long. My two speakers are, one, in the same room as my router and one in adjacent room. I am so done with this unreliable piece of **

*Moderator Note: Modified in accordance with the Community Code of Conduct.*

2 replies

Please burn them and post the video.  I love watching people throw money away!

Sure sounds like a network issue of some type. I’m assuming, due to your mention of Wi-Fi signal strength throughout the home, your system is hanging off your own Wi-Fi, and not using SonosNet. That does allow for wifi interference of some type, although I’d be more liable to think of a duplicate IP address issue caused by the router. 

I’d be tempted, as an initial test, to unplug all Sonos devices from power, and reboot the router to force a reset of its OS. Give the router a couple of minutes to reboot, then plug back in your Sonos devices, and give them a couple of minutes to reboot and reconnect, then test to see if you can reproduce the issue. 

If you can’t, I’d suggest reading the router’s manual to see how to assign reserved IP addresses to, at the least, your Sonos devices. This will assist the router in avoiding this situation in the future.