Answered

cant connect speakers or update app

Userlevel 2
Badge

I went through the set up process of adding a new speaker (the first button in the app to add a speaker) the arc from Costco. It connects and then says at the end it may not appear in the system settings and to unplug and replying it in. That doesn’t work. I then clicked connect to existing system and it scans my WiFi connects to the system i set up but then says I need to do a software update (not iOS) to use the speaker. 

it takes me to a screen with start update, brings the pop up log in page and I try to sign in. I do (even though I’m signed into the app already) and then it crashes I try again and immediately crashes without letting me type like the first time. Then says to sign in as the system owner but there is no log in now. I can only exit this loop by reinstalling the app or restarting my phone but then it just repeats itself over again. 

I think this might be a new app issue as I’ve heard the new Sonos app update sucks from a UI perspective 

icon

Best answer by arcangely2k 21 May 2024, 21:24

View original

19 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

Having the same problem. 

Userlevel 2
Badge

Having the same problem. 

So after an hour and a half on hold wait and another half hour troubleshooting, Sonos basically said it’s a setup error loop happening on iOS devices running iOS 17. 
Their solutions:

1. Set it up on an android. Who the hell has one if they have an iphone??
  2. Use an iPad to set up or use another iPhone not on ios17. Then reset the Sonos app after reinstalling on the iOS 17 device so you can access settings in the app by going to the settings then reset.  Then you can use your original iphone. Dumb because you now have to go buy an iPad just to install your speakers as most iPhones have updated to 17 by now. 
  3. Wait for them to release a new app update…. Whenever that is but they have no clue
Badge

tried on iphone, ipad and android. Even sideloaded older app in android. None of them work, but did just manage to update firmware on my sub, but could add no piece of equipment to my system. all hardware now totally useless.

Userlevel 2
Badge

tried on iphone, ipad and android. Even sideloaded older app in android. None of them work, but did just manage to update firmware on my sub, but could add no piece of equipment to my system. all hardware now totally useless.

Even Android doesn’t work? I tried an iPad and same issue

Badge

Even Android doesn’t work? I tried an iPad and same issue

not for me!

I’m having the same problem on every system I have! Very Furstrating! Glad this is not my first experience with Sonos

Badge

I’m having the same problem on every system I have! Very Furstrating! Glad this is not my first experience with Sonos

Oh it’s mine. And I’m pissed since I’ve not even been able to use the product at all...

Userlevel 2
Badge

So I did get it to work finally by using an Android. Samsung s9+

Badge

Was it on an old app though that was not updated?

Userlevel 2
Badge

Nope. Fresh install as that phone has never used Sonos before. I think the first time it failed but it was during the update process. Made it further than with iOS. so I reset the speaker to factory and tried again

Badge

Nope. Fresh install as that phone has never used Sonos before. I think the first time it failed but it was during the update process. Made it further than with iOS. so I reset the speaker to factory and tried again

wow. i’ve tried with iphone, ipad, android phone (Galaxy A14), sideloaded older app….. etc etc….. nothing works.

Userlevel 2
Badge

wow. i’ve tried with iphone, ipad, android phone (Galaxy A14), sideloaded older app….. etc etc….. nothing works.

Do you have a friend with a different android like the s series? Not entirely sure of the Android ecosystem anymore but I think the a series is a “lower” series compared to the s, right? Similar to the iPhone SE or mini?

maybe also factory reset the speaker each time if you haven’t? I’m surprised it worked for me honestly. 

Same problem. Same lack of response from Sonos. Wow!!!!!!!!!

Badge

Do you have a friend with a different android like the s series? Not entirely sure of the Android ecosystem anymore but I think the a series is a “lower” series compared to the s, right? Similar to the iPhone SE or mini?

maybe also factory reset the speaker each time if you haven’t? I’m surprised it worked for me honestly. 

Have reset many times. Have different errors with each devices.  And the Samsung A-Series is lower than the S

My band new speaker looks like a two year old speaker because we have had to handle and flip it around so dang many times. It will need to be polishing out hopefully. Such a frustrating situation to finally make the decision to pull the trigger on such a nice toy and invite all your friends only to not even be able to hook it up after all the hipe and excitement. 

Userlevel 2
Badge

I talked my son into buying Sonos and WOW do I REGRET doing that.
He has a Play 1 and a PlayBar that wont register on new Sonos 2 app.
His setup is now worthless, this is a MAJOR DISGRACE, Sonos Must be held to account.

SO!!  I am to get “another” Ipad/phone is my understanding from the dialogue, are we been compensated for it. These speakers are by no means cheap and lately don’t work, what BS. When will the be an update pushed out. Already not suggesting to others to buy Sonos as seems like no support

I have the same problem. I spoked with the support team but I’m not solved nothing.

The person told me that a lot of people still having the same problem, caused by a system upgrading .

I’m really frustrated.

So I hope in a new software release asap.