Skip to main content

I find it ridiculous that I spent $1,400 on speakers that are supposed to be timeless and update and work accordingly and now with this new app I literally can't use any of my speakers as designed are they planning on giving out refunds or am I just supposed to sell this on a third market and never buy their product again this is crazy and I'm shocked it's still sucks so bad

I find it ridiculous that I spent $1,400 on speakers that are supposed to be timeless and update and work accordingly and now with this new app I literally can't use any of my speakers as designed are they planning on giving out refunds or am I just supposed to sell this on a third market and never buy their product again this is crazy and I'm shocked it's still sucks so bad

Can you be a little bit more specific on what’s not working, or are you just here to rant (again).

are they planning on giving out refunds

Of course they are, if you meet the criteria. All you needed to do was ask nicely, but I think you blew your chances, judging by your rant. 

Ranting is all you can do with a company that's lost it's most basic features and the fact that everyone on here just pretends it's user error is hysterical but sad. I use to sell Sonos speakers and I instantly regret ever recommending them.

More specific than nothing works? They disconnect constantly? The volume doesn't change when you try adjusting it? Literally have had to unplug speakers because the wonderful new app did such a great job of responding to my inputs. The whole purpose of Sonos I thought was wireless control and that has become non-existent. I wish I had kept my wired system and good ol reliable amp.

Please feel free to not provide a snooty response and if so make it a bit more spicy and entertaining.

You can sell your speakers, probably at a loss or wait it out until/if Sonos gets their crap together.

Or use Sonophone or Airplay if on iOS. Or roll back to 16.1 if on Android. Or use the desktop app.

Ranting is all you can do with a company that's lost it's most basic features and the fact that everyone on here just pretends it's user error is hysterical but sad. I use to sell Sonos speakers and I instantly regret ever recommending them.

More specific than nothing works? They disconnect constantly? The volume doesn't change when you try adjusting it? Literally have had to unplug speakers because the wonderful new app did such a great job of responding to my inputs. The whole purpose of Sonos I thought was wireless control and that has become non-existent. I wish I had kept my wired system and good ol reliable amp.

Please feel free to not provide a snooty response and if so make it a bit more spicy and entertaining.

You know an awful lot about what people are “pretending” for a first time poster.  Though I’m not sure how accurate that is, I don’t recall many claiming the missing features are mere user error. 

Sonos software is so bad - in particular using local libraries - that they should be refunding peoples hardware purchases.  I ended up buying a NAS drive when the last ‘improvement’ removed the ability to stream my library from my phone.  I own a lot of music and wanted quality speakers - why is it the F***wits at Sonos don’t get that this is a common situation? I badly regret investing in Sonos, now I cant afford to replace them all with speakers that have software that actually works.  What is the legal situation whereby these cowboy criminals sell you expensive hardware then through design or complete incompetence remove your ability to use them.  My Sonos speakers are not fit for purpose.  I should be entitled to a refund.  Why is there not a class action against Sonos for rendering their product useless?  All they are interested in is Ad banners to sell you more product and streaming services.  Best advice to everyone (particularly if you refuse to be bullied into buying streaming services) is get rid of this shit product and never buy Sonos again.  Make sure you tell everyone on social media what this company is like and what they are doing.

What is the legal situation whereby these cowboy criminals sell you expensive hardware then through design or complete incompetence remove your ability to use them.  My Sonos speakers are not fit for purpose.  I should be entitled to a refund.  Why is there not a class action against Sonos for rendering their product useless? 

If you could be bothered to read other threads, or search them, there have been a number of discussions regarding legal action/class action, etc. Some even claim to have consulted with legal representatives. But none has stepped forward over the current issues to say a case is starting. And not a single Sonos user seems to be legally trained as none have offered any legal advice. (Or, maybe, they don’t think there’s a case to be answered?)

Glad to hear it.  Sorry to not have searched every thread, thanks for taking the time to respond - I think.  I do have a life away from hours spent resetting, rebooting my Sonos app, and ranting about the * software and equally * attitude of the ‘brave’ idiots involved.  I wonder if anyone from Sonos has bothered to respond to what is a pretty pathetic state of affairs, you dont mention if they did.  I guess they are busy being brave somewhere else.

*Moderator Note: Modified in accordance with the Community Code of Conduct.*