Skip to main content
Question

Alarms didn't work on the new sonos app

Hello, I am an Iphone user of the new sonos app but I can’t modify my alarms settings (desactivate, activate, delete or even create an alarm) while I am connected to my Sonos.

Is someone have a solution ?

I spent more than 40 years in IT - writing systems, managing systems and implementations, app rollouts, etc. - and this is the worst, most incompetent upgrade I’ve ever witnessed. We are primarily Apple Music, music library, and radio users and almost nothing works (I’m skipping alarms here, which we use everything morning). We can really only use the system from our Mac app. They need to restore the prior version, fix EVERYTHING broken (not - oh we’ll get to that in future updates) and ACTUALLY BETA TEST the thing thoroughly. Good god, what incompetence. Heads should roll at Sonos for this.

I’ve been reading about this desktop app workaround. I don’t see the app in the mac app store. Can you clue me in to where to find it? Would’ve been nice if sonos said where to find the app. 

https://support.sonos.com/en-us/downloads

Dear ranters, download the desktop app and all your wake-up worries will be gone! 🤷‍♂️

Nevermind. I see someone posted a link

what were they thinking when they published such a  piece of *???

*Moderator Note: Modified in accordance with the Community Code of Conduct.*

what were they thinking when they published such a  piece of *???

I don't think any thinking was involved. This rush release was clearly for a new product, that nobody should buy now

*Moderator Note: Modified in accordance with the Community Code of Conduct.*

Probably months to years of development and they cocked up this update.  I would like to go back, but can't.  The Sonos response is a weak admission that they have got it wrong.  Bringing back features on a rolling basis is not good enough.  Bye Sonos, my upgrade is to an alternative system.…

Sonos response to Nicolas_Ayrton:

"I understand how you feel about the functional change. This revitalization of the Sonos app is our most ambitious software update yet, and aims to address what our customers have been asking us for. It’s a huge undertaking, and we are taking the time and effort to ensure all features work seamlessly and meet both our standards and the standards of our listeners. With this commitment in mind, features such as playlist creation and queue editing within the Sonos app, sleep timers, and local library support will not be available at launch, but will be added to the app on a rolling basis."

What a pathetic response. 

Just want to add my voice to the frustration here about losing the alarms in the ios app.  I really hope they very quickly update the app to include them back in.  Or give us a way of downgrading to the previous app version.  I find it extraordinary that Sonos would delete functionality like this and then say that they are working on adding features back in with no ETA. 

Jumping onboard the frustration-train

It seems like a severe lack of forethought from Sonos, to launch a new UX without the implemented beneficial features of their devices.

Hindsight Sonos...It would have been a better rollout with all current UX features available. Initial excitement and enthusiasm of the web app interface were quickly crushed, with mine and many others ‘obvious’ expectations...not being met.

Once upon a time I thought Sonos was the absolute best. But to wake up (with an alarm this morning) and then find that a new app has automatically replaced a perfectly fine operating app and loose a great function like ALARMS. To quote others “what were they thinking????” (or were they thinking at all?) 

I have opted to build my entire home audio system on the belief that SONOS was better than the rest.

Extremely Disappointing!

SONOS, get it fixed ASAP.

And in the meantime, give me back my SONOS app that works.

This was a screenshot in the Dutch version 80.00.00 app. Manage your system, Alarms. In the version 80.00.04 app it was all disappeared. I have still a picture. 😪 

People are missing work, school, etc and waking up at the WRONG TIME because they cannot adjust their stupid Sonos ALARM on their new app. Folks, this is how your Sonos speakers will become OBSOLETE: when they turn them into paper weights with stupid software updates.

Also in my app. Only the switches are working. Modify an alarm?? Not possible, no reaction.

Which App is this? I can not find any Alarm settings (using iPhone) 

It was a screenshot from the app version 80.00.00.
It’s gone in version 80.00.04. No more alarms.

Are you people at Sonos out of your freakin minds. You totally screw with your interface and now I can’t use the alarm feature. I own a dozen Sonos products. But I will never buy another one. 

Agree 100%.  

I have 13 speakers in my home and now need to go buy a damn alarm and will start to replace my

home system  - over 10 years I have  we  collecting Sonos 

Does anyone know how to turn old alarms OFF? I didn’t need to wake up at 6:30AM this morning but the alarm I set LAST Sunday night (and forgot about) blared sonos CHIME at 6:30. Is the only option to unplug it? Or do a reset? 

Does anyone know how to turn old alarms OFF? I didn’t need to wake up at 6:30AM this morning but the alarm I set LAST Sunday night (and forgot about) blared sonos CHIME at 6:30. Is the only option to unplug it? Or do a reset? 

Yes, there is a workaround for this. If you have the desktop app on your PC/MAC. You have an alarm button in the bottom right corner. There you can edit/delete your alarms. 

I tried the desktop site on Mac, I can’t download app on a MacBook (it’s device only, for me)

Maybe the desktop site has been updated…? mine has new sonos logo and I don’t have the sleep timer or Alarms, like yours on lower right. Just a volume control. I toggled to settings it’s not there either. Any other ideas? Thanks!

I tried the desktop site on Mac, I can’t download app on a MacBook (it’s device only, for me)

Maybe the desktop site has been updated…? mine has new sonos logo and I don’t have the sleep timer or Alarms, like yours on lower right. Just a volume control. I toggled to settings it’s not there either. Any other ideas? Thanks!

That Looks like the new app indeed… 😔 no alarms to be found there…!! Hope they fix this soon. I guess I was lucky..

Ok thanks…at least now I know only option = unplug and put it away until Sonos fixes this. 

finaly !!!!!! the new update finally returns alarms 🥳  !

finaly !!!!!! the new update finally returns alarms 🥳  !

Yay! Finally! 

Fine you can add and edit alarms in version 80.00.08. The next step: what is the effect in the system???
No effect!! 😥 My system is still asleep. 😴 😴

Upgraded firmware and iOS app.
Thrilled to be able to set alarms for 7:00 am tomorrow morning again.
Came home from work at 6pm to alarm playlist playing on Era 100. Hmmm.

• Tried resetting alarms to new times. No new time selected triggers the alarm.
  • Deleted alarms and added again: fail
  • Deleted app and add alarms again: fail
  • Set alarms from old macOS app: fail
  • Updated macOS app to current and add alarms: fail

At this point cannot trust alarms at all; the only feature I bought the 100 for in that room.
Less than thrilled.

the ironie is that I still have a alert on my phone that confirm that the alarm worked

The alarms are working but do go off a few hours later.
If I set the alarm for 6 a.m., Sonos “goes to work” at exactly 8 a.m.
Could that have something to do with our time zone? UTC+2 (summer time)
I think there is UTC time programmed into the app. Could that be possible?