Answered

Adding a Roam to an older system

• 4 November 2023
  • 4 replies

I have a PLAYBAR, SUB, and a pair of PLAY 3s.   I am unable to select those speakers from my phone, if I want to stream a podcast, for example (they work just fine otherwise).   I was told by SONOS that it is because they are older, and do not have Bluetooth, but if I ADDED a simple SONOS Bluetooth speaker to the system, that I at that point would be able to select the entire system to play, from a phone source like a Podcast.

Does that seem correct, and would a ROAM speaker qualify for that?  It is Bluetooth capable.

Thanks

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 4 November 2023, 23:03

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Thank you both very much for your replies, greatly appreciated!

Yes, as long as all speakers are running S2, you’ll be able to group the Roam with any Sonos device. 

Edited to add, all your speakers are S2 capable. I ran a similar setup after the S1 /S2 split, using S2 with no issues. 

Even if the other speakers are older and non Bluetooth?   Just confirming before I go out an buy a speaker I really don’t need to cover the areas I have.

Yes.  All current Bluetooth capable Sonos (Roam, Move 2, Era 100/300) allow you to group any other Sonos rooms to play the Bluetooth source to the grouped rooms.