Answered

access point mode on router not working on sonos one.

• 15 December 2022
  • 30 replies

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

30 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @jellikit 

You are most welcome.

The only other thing I can think of trying is to wire the Garage speaker using the cable that currently connects the second router to the first. This will stop you from having internet access in the garage on your phone, but it may make the speaker more reliable. If this proves to be the case, you could then fit a switch to the same cable, so that the speaker and router can both be wired to the main router via the switch, restoring your internet connection there.

This way, only the phone and app would be connecting via the second router. As the actual playback of music would not rely on the second router, perhaps this will turn out to be more reliable.

Of course, if the issue was indeed due to a power interruption, these steps will not help.

I hope this helps.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @jellikit 

So, I need to get the garage speaker to connect to the second router, which is in the garage, correct?

Yes - from your response, it sounds like it.

In order to do this, I need to give both routers the same credentials.  Does this mean the same SSID and password for the garage router?  What other credentials do I need to duplicate?

These are what I refer to as credentials - hopefully, you won’t need to adjust other settings. So, yes - keep the SSID and password the same across the two routers.

Then, disconnect Ethernet cable from the play bar, and finally follow the directions you gave for updating the network?

You’ll want to keep the ethernet cable connected until the Sonos system has been told the WiFi credentials - the app will in fact tell you when to remove the ethernet cable. Please follow the instructions at Connect Sonos to a new router or Wi-Fi network.

Lastly, if both routers have the same credentials, and garage is an access point, after updating the network the Sonos app should work seamlessly for the house and garage systems?

Yes, though they are not, nor will they be, separate systems. Expect to see all your speakers in the app at one time as you do now (when Garage isn’t misbehaving), regardless of which router your phone is connected to.

I hope this helps.

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Corry…….or any other Tech Wizards (See thread please)

You gave me some help a month or two ago. What you did seemed to help until today.

my garage speaker is acting up again.

I checked all settings on both routers, and all credentials are the same.

I made sure all software on all devices were updated.

I reset both routers, all Sonos Speakers, and phone.

My Garage speaker plays anywhere from 5 seconds to 10 minutes.

Here is the diagnostics from when the speaker just quit:

Here is the diagnostic while system is playing:

Please help.  Please.  I just want my system to work properly before I go buy a different brand of speakers……

thanks!

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Well.  My system worked for a couple of days.  Now the garage speaker only plays for about 5 seconds.  🙄

here is the latest diagnostic. 352807248

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Yes……I was trying to airplay from my iPad to the garage speaker while in the garage.  Does this mean my iPad wasn’t actually connected to the garage Wi-Fi?  It had full reception while trying to do this.  Right now I am playing an internet station to only the garage speaker.  It seems to be working fine.  Here is the diagnostic number. 453937846

Here is the diagnostic with all speakers running on same internet station. 743893169 

I am in the house giving you this info.  Do I need to be doing something different?