WSS21 / WSS22 - Sonos One - Sanus Stands Safety Concerns - Easily Topples due to lack of screw

• 4 December 2017
  • 27 replies

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

27 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge
Hello Satyp,

Thank you for following up with us here. I understand that the safety and security of your new Sonos One are important when finding the right mounting solution. Rest assured, SANUS has developed this product with an adapter that is specifically made for the Sonos One. (Taking into account the lack of threaded insert). It’s difficult to see in the images, but the bracket used on these stands for the Sonos One offer a very secure snug fit to ensure the speaker is secured, especially with the power cord inserted. If you’re looking to lock the speaker down on the stand for the Sonos One, it won’t go that far, but we have tested this for tipping and it meets the UL certification standards of at least 10 degrees of tip over on either side.

We do offer a bracket to lock the Play:1 down using the speaker’s threaded insert if you’re considering that speaker. Another option if you’re worried about little ones reaching for the speaker is our wall mounts we have designed specifically for the Sonos One. Those are designed using our patented Invisigrip system to tether the speaker securely and safely without the need for a threaded screw insert as well. Something to think about! If you would like to discuss further, do not hesitate to contact us directly at 800-359-5520. We are available 7 days a week to make sure you get exactly what you need!

Kathryn @SANUS

Hi Kathryn@Sanus

Thanks for response and appreciate the comments with regards to "meeting" certifications, which are carried out in controlled environments generally and usually help meet minimum requirements, and can potentially miss practical assessments and environmenrts, which if taken into account can usually "meet and exceed" certification requirements.

I'm sure Sanus do go out of the way to design decent products, but in this case as an accessory to Sonos, there is only so much any design team can do if the product you are designing for itself has the limitation, as I'm sure if the Sonos one had the threaded insert Sanus would have designed accordingly. I still think the bracket could have benefited from a spring of sorts that could have held the speaker tighter, who knows , it could have achieved 15 or 20 degrees of tip over on either side.

In any case, I cannot expect any company in their right minds to accept any form of limitation within its product lines even if minute, until of course there is a high number of complaints , which I doubt is the case here., the decision to have the stands was mainly because having hole's are impractical for the wall mounts. The stands are blocked of with furniture for the moment as we currently considering alternative ideas and may well need to look at brackets.

Thanks for your update here and email but we will need to look at all design for both stands and wall mounts from Sanus & Flexson's at a local Sonos stockist in due course and make a decision accordingly..

I sincerely hope Sanus/Sonos look at this again together, after all it's the whole point of feedback, the what if's, I'm sure if one customer see's it more will surely if enough people buy them around the world, at which point the UL certifications will need to be reviewed again.

All the best
Regards
satyp
Hello Satyp,

Thank you for following up with us here. I understand that the safety and security of your new Sonos One are important when finding the right mounting solution. Rest assured, SANUS has developed this product with an adapter that is specifically made for the Sonos One. (Taking into account the lack of threaded insert). It’s difficult to see in the images, but the bracket used on these stands for the Sonos One offer a very secure snug fit to ensure the speaker is secured, especially with the power cord inserted. If you’re looking to lock the speaker down on the stand for the Sonos One, it won’t go that far, but we have tested this for tipping and it meets the UL certification standards of at least 10 degrees of tip over on either side.

We do offer a bracket to lock the Play:1 down using the speaker’s threaded insert if you’re considering that speaker. Another option if you’re worried about little ones reaching for the speaker is our wall mounts we have designed specifically for the Sonos One. Those are designed using our patented Invisigrip system to tether the speaker securely and safely without the need for a threaded screw insert as well. Something to think about! If you would like to discuss further, do not hesitate to contact us directly at 800-359-5520. We are available 7 days a week to make sure you get exactly what you need!

Kathryn @SANUS