Skip to main content
Answered

suddenly become impossible to group speakers

• 15 April 2024
  • 6 replies

I use 2 play1s and a connect amp with 1 ERA 100. They have been working together for a while but tonight they will no longer connect in a group. Each will work alone, except for the connect amp which seems to have disappeared altogether. What can I do?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Hi

What is the Connect:Amp being used for?

2 older speakers

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Chris57G 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

I recommend you get in touch with our technical support team who have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and what it reports.

I hope this helps.

I am having the same issue. Were you able to resolve this?

This mess all started with the major upgrade to the Sonos software. My system was great for 10+ years added/replaced products easily. Was able to group different combinations. It is a total mess now, occasionally get it fixed (sometimes with Sonos support) and then it slips back.  And yes, each speaker is plugged in. And yes, the wi-fi is powerful enough, and lots of stupid questions, no answers that last for more than a few hours.

I’m having the same issue and like Tom said, it seems to have started right around the time they upgraded their software. I’ve had the same system for 8+ years and on the same network / settings for the last 5 without issue. I can play the speakers independently, but struggle to get them to group.