Sonos Stand Kits

• 11 September 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +7
  • Avid Contributor I
  • 101 replies

Hi Folks👋

Orginal Sonos stands for Era 100/300: Are they simmilar,only different is shape of attachment of base to speaker.

So in reality i can purcase what so ever stand(100 or 300) and i could just change the top depending on if i got the 100’s or the 300’s….you follow me?

For example in my case,i got the 100’s on stands. I will purcase the 300’s but if i purcase the stamds i can just remove the top part from the 300-stand over to my allready mounted 100’s?

Then my next question will be: If they match as in Q1⬆️,why does not Sonos offering this item? Need to buy the complete kit with the stands.

Or does the “Sonos wall-mount” fit on a stand as well(problem solved?).

icon

Best answer by Jamie A 14 September 2023, 14:05

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hi @BOL74,

The base of the stands are the same, but the top of the stand which connects to the Era 100/300 are different. The top of the stands aren’t changeable, (I’m not even sure if it’s possible to remove them), so I would definitely recommend buying the stands for the correct speakers. The wall mount doesn’t connect to the floor stand, so that wont solve your problem.

I’m not sure why it’s not offered, unless the top part of the stand just isn’t removable, then that would be why, but it is a good idea.

For now, I would recommend you wait on purchasing stands until you get the speakers, then you’ll know what stands you need.

I hope this helps!

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

#Jamie A

What i really wish for here is that the mounts for the ERA line stands as it basicly is in three pieces out of the box. The base(round&heavy) a pipe witch have equal threads(&placement of the threads) and the top piece. The 100 got a round shape and i belive the 300 got a “L” shape-ish top piece(this might be how it is todaythat’s why i’m asking this question). Can i use the top piece from the 100’s stands to the 300’s stands. Or are the pipe(and the round heavy base) totally different to eacother? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hi @BOL74,

I’ve checked with some colleagues who have the stands and they do come in three parts: the base, the stand/pole, and the mount for the speaker.

From what they’ve told me, it is possible to swap the top of, for example, the Era 100 floor stands for the Era 300 floor stands. You’re only issue there is that we don’t sell these parts separately, so other than buying another pair of stands just for the top piece, you’d have to find someone willing to sell or give away the top piece of their stands.

I do think this is a good idea, so I’ve marked this thread as a feature request for our team. I’ve also adjusted the thread title to be more relevant to the request.

I would still recommend what I suggested above, to wait until you have the speakers before buying the stands.

I hope this helps!

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

#Kamie A

Thank you…this is exacly what i suspect…it’s just the top that’s different in those 100/300 stands-kit’s. 
These are premium stands and for this i think it could be a good idea that those top’s could be purcased seperatly. Let’s say a stand-kit was $100 cheeper(just an example) but it contain only the bottom&the pipe/tube. So anyone who bought the stands had to buy the top seperatly anyway. So a pair of top’s would cost $100 so the stands would not be any cheeper or more expencive than they are today.

I enjoy my Era100’s and they look slick on those stands from Sonos.