Answered

Sonos Roam Batteries - Not Good

• 29 October 2023
  • 1 reply

Looks like the previous thread got closed - but the problem is still here

I have 3 Roams and 2 of them went bad before 2 years - the 3rd is still ok but not quite a year old yet.

Sonos needs to step up on this - all I want is for them to replace the batteries or send me new ones & instructions how to replace.

My 1st call to support ended in the tech telling me they would either send new batteries or replace the untis - they did neither.

I have been a loyal Bose user for 30 years and made the switch to Sonos slowly 2 years ago & started buying new Sonos speakers - I am wondering if I made the correct choice - clearly Sonos is not supporting the Roam product.

icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 29 October 2023, 23:59

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

The Roam batteries are not ‘officially’ replaceable - so not sure if you perhaps misunderstood what you were told by the Sonos Staff member - also Sonos do not supply the Roam batteries to customers. It’s a sealed unit, unlike the Move/Move 2 batteries, which are replaceable and can be purchased from Sonos.com.

I have two Roams here from when they were first released around 3 years ago and they’re still charging/working okay. I just keep their lithium-ion batteries topped up 24/7, using either the Sonos Qi charger, or a PD certified charger and they’ve both been fine. I still get a full working days playback from both.

I would not personally expect Sonos to replace a device outside its warranty period, not unless you maybe took out insurance cover to extend that period, unless there’s say a known fault with a component, or maybe a faulty batch (which I guess can occur with any such worldwide distributed electrical product) - I think if your two devices were in such a batch and you were informed either/both were to be replaced, then you should just get back in touch with Sonos Support and (continue to) sort it with them.