Answered

Sonos Roam + Amp - Loses group after power cycle

• 24 August 2023
  • 4 replies

Badge

I recently put my small Sonos system in place on our patio: a Roam that lives outside in a dock in the warmer months paired with an Amp that is hooked into to Sonance speakers. Its a simple system and we are really happy with the audio quality from it.

The reason we wanted the Roam paired with the Amp was to give voice control to the system. In a paired group we get exactly what we wanted. Only trouble comes when the power goes out, we have to go back into the amp and manually pair the devices again. I have seen a few posts of users with similar problems. Is there some kind of permanent solution to this? Overall we are very happy with our system, this is one of the few frustrations we have had.

A couple of threads I saw:
Keep device groups after power cycle | Sonos Community
Keep the group after a power loss | Sonos Community

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 24 August 2023, 05:45

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7

It is normal for the speakers to become ungrouped especially after a power outage. But it is pretty simple to group them again in the Sonos app. Or you can create a Saved Group that includes the Amp and Roam. If the Amp and Roam are your only Sonos devices, you can simply choose the “Everywhere” option when grouping. You can also use Sonos Voice Control to group speakers. Or after starting the audio from the Amp, simply press and hold the play button on the Roam for a couple of seconds to group the Roam.

Badge

I totally agree grouping the speakers again is simple enough in the app. That said, for as well thought out as the Sonos experience is, the power loss issue requiring manual intervention to remedy goes against the marketing tagline of ‘effortless listening’ on the main page of the Sonos site.

The point being you should not have to regroup at all after such a common occurrence. At the very least it would be nice to be able to group a Roam and an Amp in the same ‘room’ in the app. I can’t even do that.

Userlevel 7

If power losses are a common occurrence, the problem is less about Sonos and more about figuring out why you lose power so often.

Badge

Thanks for the time taken to respond to this post.

Edit: I do not see the Everywhere option when grouping the Roam and Amp. Not sure if it would help with my issue though.