Sonos One SL and One play, but Sonos Move and Move 2 have stopped.

• 31 October 2023
  • 1 reply

Strange situation (case *******). I have a Sonos One, a One SL, a Move and a Move 2. All worked fine for the past several months. The other day, only the One was playing music. The other speakers are showing up in the system with a strong WIFI signal, and they show that they are playing (on the app the little volume bars bounce with the music), but no sound. I can pause the music from any of the speakers, so I don’t see a connection issue but this just happened out of the blue - no network changes or updates. I went through all the standard reboots (router, etc) and then did a factory reset on each speaker multiple times. At one point the Move 2 miraculously started playing, but once I paused the music there was nothing more from it. I spent hours working on this, and it’s killing me that I have a few thousand dollars of speakers that don’t work. I had over an hour of tech support with Sonos, but no success. I eventually had to drop the call to do actual work. Anyone else had this situation or had a solution?

Moderator Note: Noted Case number, removed as private information. Modified in accordance with the Community Code of Conduct.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

What music source are you using?

My Amazon will sometimes go silent on one or more Sonos. The only fix that works well is to change to a different stream then back. I just use the recently played in My Sonos to make that easy.