Sonos One Gen 2 speaker not working

• 20 October 2023
  • 3 replies

Both of my ONE Gen2 Sonos speakers suddenly stopped working and will not power on. Have tried different outlets, etc. I just got them In May 2021.  Is this common lifespan for Sonos speakers??

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Both of them? At the same time? Any electrical problems in your home?

I had a similar problem with a one and one sl both failing to power on. Support told me I can return them for a 30% off coupon. 

I have some operational ONE’s that are older than yours. Mother Nature is never fair. There will be some early failures and late failures. We don’t have enough failures reported here for us to learn learn the average lifespan for ONE’s. Lots of ZP100’s (2005) are still in service. There is one product (BRIDGE) what we recommend removing from the system because they are near or past end of life and are very old technology. SONOS firmware has been updated and BRIDGE is typically no longer needed, the system will probably work better without BRIDGE, or it could be replaced by BOOST, but this is rarely required.

I’m also suspicious of a nearby lightning strike. It is difficult to predict exactly what will be damaged, or not, when there is a strike. Damage could be massive or restricted to one circuit. In my teens our house was struck. A wall was blown-in, a hole was burned in the carpet, and a radio in the basement was damaged. A nearby TV was not damaged. The radio was an old tube unit that was not ON during the strike.