Sonos is CRAP!

• 3 June 2023
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 3

Why is Sonos such a piece of * system now. I have owes Sonos speakers for several years.  In the beginning it was an easy simple set-up and the system was reliable!  Every time I plugged in my speakers they were recognized and connected instantaneously.  Last year I purchased two more SL speakers to go along with my S1 speakers.  They worked fine last summer.  Now I cannot connect at all to amy of my speakers.  The app tells me that it can not find product or I need to unplug the speaker or I need to reset my WiFi router.  Hours upon hours spent to reconnect the same speakers I have been using for years?  How could this be - what is so difficult about connecting a speaker to WiFi.  How many damn times do I need to unplug my router in order to get these stupid things to work?

Sonos has become just like every other Technology company.  Keep creating more products and keep changing technology in order to earn as much profit as possible!  It is disgusting.  In the beginning they just had a solid - user - friendly- reliable, product but that wasn’t good enough.  Doesn’t keep the $$$ engine going!

Sonos you have evolved yourself into a super complicated, frustrating - piece of garbage way overpriced $$$ engine and that’s it!

Congratulations on going backwards SoNos!

You Suck!!!

*Moderator Note: Modified in accordance with the Community Code of Conduct.*

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

8 replies

Sounds like you have some network issues, but I’m not sure if you want help, or just want to vent.

If you want assistance in resolving the issues you’re facing, please let us know. 

Userlevel 2

I couldn’t agree more. And the comment about whether you want help or to vent is childish. Sonos is a premium product and is priced accordingly. Buyers don’t have the time to deal with hours of technical support. I bought 4 ‘5’ speakers, 2 for each of my houses. Use is intermittent due to a heavy travel and work schedule. I expect a low maintenance system. Sonos is not. Strike one was their transition to new product and poor support of old (generally unable to be used together). Strike 2 was the performance of the 4 new speakers. At both houses I spent an hour with technical support to get one of the speakers to work. And now I have this issue. My speakers are in the trash now. There are too many other options that I can actually use to enjoy. 

On the other hand, I have 4 ‘Five’ speakers (amongst others) and they have each worked perfectly for many years, that’s since they were added to my system to replace older 5’s. Not one ounce of trouble from them and they are used almost daily.

The older 5’s were handed over to my Son & Daughter a year or two ago, for use in their family Homes and they’re still going strong... they continue to use them most days aswell and those speakers must be at least 8 years old, minimum. So no complaints here, from me, or the family.

I never take it seriously when a poster claims to have thrown 2 $500 units in the trash.  Either they're spouting hyperbolic nonsense, or they are one of the dumbest people on Earth.  Neither of which deserve my attention.

Userlevel 1

Couldn’t agree more what a piece of junk Sonos is. No one I repeat no one should buy anything g from Sonos. Steer clear it is a terrible product. Unreliable and expensive. Avoid at all costs 

Couldn’t agree more what a piece of junk Sonos is. No one I repeat no one should buy anything g from Sonos. Steer clear it is a terrible product. Unreliable and expensive. Avoid at all costs 

You’ve been a community member for almost 10 years. Have you been suffering all this time?

Had a similar experience although I personally did not feel it was worth ranting about, I simply went with another vendor after Sonos offered me a very small discount to replace almost all original equipment with new

Not sure how much I had invested in Sonos Components although the only part that ‘technically’ still works is the Sonos Play 5 Speaker everything else is no longer supported so all sitting downstairs in a box somewhere. The Play 5 does still sound good though.

It does lead me to question some of the ‘corporate sustainability claims’ if everything, except one speaker, had to be replaced when most of the ‘internals’ in earlier units would still work perfectly well.

I just decided it wasn’t worth repeating the same experience - but I loved my Sonos when I first installed everything.

My current mesh network is much more reliable although it’s also much newer, so not really a fair comparison. When everything was in use I can barely remember a time when speakers/zones were not randomly playing ‘hide and seek’ even after I connected a few with UTP.

Was so looking forward to using ‘Party Mode’ but I couldn’t rely on everything staying connected so I used something else most of the time 

Still great looking gear from a design perspective 

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

I couldn’t agree more. And the comment about whether you want help or to vent is childish. Sonos is a premium product and is priced accordingly. Buyers don’t have the time to deal with hours of technical support. I bought 4 ‘5’ speakers, 2 for each of my houses. Use is intermittent due to a heavy travel and work schedule. I expect a low maintenance system. Sonos is not. Strike one was their transition to new product and poor support of old (generally unable to be used together). Strike 2 was the performance of the 4 new speakers. At both houses I spent an hour with technical support to get one of the speakers to work. And now I have this issue. My speakers are in the trash now. There are too many other options that I can actually use to enjoy. 

I’ll pay the shipping if you want to send them to me