Sell it ALL !! Sonos is a NIGHTMARE!!!!!!

• 9 December 2016
  • 34 replies

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

34 replies

To Kumar, it worked very well the first couple years. Though it's declined further and further. You might want to look further on the web too as there are just as many bad reviews.
I bought my first Sonos units in 2011, and the last addition to a 5 zone system was two years ago this month. Occasional glitches have been fixed via help from folks here, or from Sonos Support. I therefore see no need to look further on the web. Could it be that your system declined because you let it do so?
Private message.

Though I'd rather help you get it going. A Sonos system that is increasingly unreliable is almost certainly due to network problems. If the reliability problems coincide with updates, the probability goes towards 100%, with IP conflicts being the most probable cause. First, check your router for any firmware updates. Then you need to refresh the IP adresses in all your network devices. Reboot the following in order:

Modem
Router
Switches/Hubs
Wired Sonos players
Wireless Sonos players
Computers/Printers
All other devices - Phones, Tablets, etc.

Let each one come up before moving to the next. Note you can eliminate IP conflict problems by reserving IP by MAC address in your router setup, in your case it seems your router is sketchy, so I'd say this step is mandatory. See your router manual for details.
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Hi SHGDTD, I know it can be frustrating when things aren't working. Sonos can be a lot of fun, as you know, so when it doesn't work it makes it even that much worse.

The team here would love to help get your system sorted if you'd like to work with us. One of the team is going to be emailing you shortly to see if you'd like a hand. We'd be happy to help.

Wireless issues can be a bear sometimes, but we're usually pretty good at sorting them out, it just takes a bit more troubleshooting sometimes.

I hope you're on board with getting this up and running, but if you decide you'd like to look elsewhere we sincerely hope you're happy wherever you land.
Sure, will be putting it together and photos tomorrow. PM being?
So you are going to sell it on Craigslist, but won't put a link on the biggest Sonos enthusiast site there is? Must not want to sell it very much. Could you at least PM it to me?
To Kumar, it worked very well the first couple years. Though it's declined further and further. You might want to look further on the web too as there are just as many bad reviews.
Sure. Don't hold your breath. I am very level headed and patient and can tolerate much but it become far too problematic. All of it for sale with original boxes CDs etc. Good luck.
If you see an Amazon review of any Sonos unit, there will always be a few that speak like the OP; one reason for that probably is that in some homes it takes a little effort to get running. In my book, that is a small price to pay for the many brilliant features of the system, in that small minority of cases.

On the other hand, there are ten times - at least - as many 5 star reviews that are from a system that is working as it usually does, out of the box.

Sonos does need a foundation of a stable Home Wifi to work; but so does every other wireless streaming solution.
Could you kindly post a link link to your Craigslist listing? I need a couple more units, because Sonos works flawlessly for me.