Answered

Re-setting up Play:5/2 fails - turns orange instead of white

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

50 replies

Hi, please can you help. I am experiencing the same issue as described here. Working fine then one day this speaker stopped, other speakers working fine. I have tried the same steps as K THOMSEN. The device (Play 5) can only been seen wired but cannot be added via wireless. I think the wireless card is faulty. My diagnostic number is 8411233. Thanks in advance.
Have the same problem happened just today morning, sudenly play5 loosen from the apps and even the light is continous white (but not solid). Try to follow steps for adding new play5, with wired just fine but not without it & continous orange light (wifi just fine since i still can play the playsub).The diagnostic is 8448259. Please help thank you

Rgds,
Bastian
Hey sonos.
I'm seeing the same problem with thats been reported in this tropic.
The diagnostic number is 8448933. Is there anything I can do? Or do I have to replace the speaker?
I am experiencing this same issue. Please advise.
Hi @Keith N
I have the same problem. I have followed your advice on this thread so far and have submitted a diagnostics report.. The id is 1856059847. The suspect speaker is the play5:gen2.
Thanks in advance for your help
Kind regards
Robin:)
The same problem here, each time after update, one of my SONOS 5/2 lost connection. I have to reset it and link it to router and re-connect it.:(
Having the same problem
Definitely an issue with wireless. Works fine when plugged into eithernet. Diagnostics report: 1710497003.

Now what do I do?
I have had the exact same issue with the Play5 gen2 - was working fine and just stopped as above. Super frustrating for a system that I otherwise love. Please advise
Same issue, diagnostic number 1273049380
Similar issue diagnostic number 213603566
Almost identical issue as K THOMSEN with one of my play5:gen2. These aren't even a year old and I've wasted so much time trying to get this speaker to work again. My wife is ready to dump them. I'm hoping not. My code is 536222113.
genglar: Thanks for the diagnostic report. From what I can see, it seems the Play:5 is being de-authorized on your local network. It would be best to give our support technicians a call to troubleshoot this in real time through a remote session.
Ihave the exact same issue with my play5. When connected by ethernet cable it works, and i submitted a diagnostics report while connected to ethernet: 1586154079

As soon as I disconnect the ethernet it stops working.
stef a: Thanks for the diagnostic report. Based on my findings, I'd recommend giving our support technicians a call to get a closer look at the hardware of this Play:5. Be sure to give them the same diagnostic number you gave here. Thanks!
Hi, I think I also have this issue - everything was working fine, lots of Sonos Units including 3 Play 5 gen 2s. Now one of them wasn't appearing, so I pulled the power out and put it back in again. It starts up goes flashing green. App can see it on wired, (doesn't seem to on wifi). Press the connect button and slow flashing orange led immediately. Diagnostic number 1364249240.

Thanks in advance.
I’m having the exact same issue with my play 5! I trouble shoot it and still not working! Please help SONOS! I submitted a diagnostic as well the number is #1436800529
I am having the same problem with my play 5 gen 2. Re-set with wired connection, now recognised. Diagnostic submitted #71640042.
I am having the same problem with my play 5 gen 2. Re-set with wired connection, now recognised. Diagnostic submitted #71640042.Hi. Could you explain what you mean by reset with wired connection'? Factory resetting does not involve any form of connection. Could you explain exactly what you have done?
Hi Jon - thanks for picking this up. I first performed a factory reset (unplugged, then plugged back in holding down the connection button). The problem persisted. My play 5 was not visible to set up. Following the advice on this thread, I did the factory re-set again, but this time with a wired connection. The play 5 was then visible, was set up and is now operating correctly, albeit with a wired connection, not wifi.
Do you normally operate in standard or Boost mode. This is, do you have a Sonos device wired normally or are you fully wifi? I take it that after resetting you just used 'Add a player or Sub' to add it back to your system?
Hi John,

I normally operate just on standard wifi - no Sonos devices are wired normally. Yes - after re-setting I just worked through the Add a player or sub process.

Thanks for your help.
If your other speakers are working over wifi, and the P :5 disappears when the cable is disconnected, then it may be a failed wireless card. The diagnostic would reveal that.

After disconnecting the cable, power the speaker off and on before you give up!
Hi - yes, disconnected, disappeared and then power cycled and still not there. Do you know if Sonos deal with this directly, or I am best to go through the retailer?
I'm afraid I don't know. I would pick it up with Sonos when they comment on the diagnostic. To save waiting you could call Support. I would pursue directly with Sonos until they tell you otherwise.