Play 3 Discontinued?

• 25 October 2017
  • 31 replies

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

31 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Went to Best Buy over this past weekend. Heard the same ie., that Play:3 is discontinued. Contacted Sonos, but they would not comment about it. Question is, do I wait for new model or buy existing Play:3, which is on sale today

If the Play 3 fulfils your requirements NOW and is at the right price then go for it.

HOWEVER. If you're likely to want Airplay in the future then I believe your only options would be Sonos:1, Play 5 Gen 2 or Playbase.
Went to Best Buy over this past weekend. Heard the same ie., that Play:3 is discontinued. Contacted Sonos, but they would not comment about it. Question is, do I wait for new model or buy existing Play:3, which is on sale today
As I recall, last time I was at Best Buy looking at the Sonos display, it was about 6 months ago, and they didn't have the PLAY:3 displayed. I doubt that Sonos has complete control over the display. and the local Sonos rep probably gives the store some strong words when it's not set up the way Sonos wants, but likely without any way to back the complaint. I doubt that a few stores not following regulations will result in Sonos pulling their products from Best Buy.
Userlevel 6
Badge +16
I highly doubt that the Play:3 is getting discontinued. Maybe it's just that the Sonos ONE is of higher priority to put on show? but then again why not replace the Play:1 on display instead?
Userlevel 4
Badge +4
Yeah, I know Sonos is very tight-lipped when it comes to this stuff, but it's interesting to see the UPDATED Sonos display no longer with a Play 3 attached to it!
I'd be hesitant about any information given to me by a sales person at Best Buy.

I'd also think that if Sonos was intending to have another speaker out before the holidays, it would already be announced, but stranger things have happened.