Play 1 sound quality

• 15 January 2017
  • 29 replies

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

29 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Really what I was thinking was to listen to something you are familiar with.
Badge
I haven't got any flac/lossless files, but surely Spotify should sound good? Like I said, I'm no audiophile, but I know good sound when I hear it. Would have thought something @ 320 kbps would be sufficient for these speakers to show their stuff. Can't imagine that you'd have to have a lossless recording for them to be impressive.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Have you set them as a stereo pair. Also. I'd point out that many radio stations are streamed at a low bit rate with horrible compression.

Have you tried playing any of your own ripped CDs at a lossless format? Also would be worth trying them mounted on a shelf to ensure it isn't your mounting causing an issue
Listening to radio stations on tune in does sound pretty damn good, but streaming spotify/Google play music, it sounds a bit flat and undynamic. Anything with a bit of complexity, there is no detail, the bass is a dull thud and it all sounds a bit muddled.

If it sounds good on Tune-in but not on other sources, then doesn't that imply that the problem is caused by the source material? Have you tried streaming good quality music to them - e.g. flac files from a local drive? If so, how do they sound?