Panasonic TV internal speaker mute

• 6 March 2013
  • 54 replies

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

54 replies

Page 104 of the manual. It's through the Viera link settings. I have a similar TV. It's a little convoluted.

Through Viera link you set sound selection to Home Cinema and it mutes your TV speakers when your external speakers are on. I use that now now with a similar sound box (Zvox). It works fine.
Userlevel 3
Badge +3
Hi all,

So the new Playbar arrived and yes it does live up to the reputation, however I'm having a real problem disabling the TV's internal speakers it's a Panasonic TX-L55WT50 and I simply can't find any set up option to turn them off. I've even tried plugging a Jack into the headphone socket but nope that didn't work either.

I can't simply turn the volume down or mute the telly as obviously the playbar depends on the TV remote control, so as soon as you touch the volume the tv speakers come back. The current work around is to have the tv volume turned down and to control the Playbar volume via iPad but this is far from perfect and flys in the face of the "simple" idea and seamless pairing.

It's currently taking the edge off of what should have been a perfect solution, any ideas?

You may be able to access hotel mode to disable the internal speakers. There's some good info on the Simplysoundandvision site if you look at their Playbar FAQ. Just be careful when changing any of these options and stick to the max volume limit 🙂