Answered

No Bluetooth workaround for Sonos One?

• 12 March 2018
  • 49 replies

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

49 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge
I have a sonos one. But no airplay icon appears on my Ipad. Misfit, i am sorry you are a person with no sympathy. We call that sociopathy.
Userlevel 2
Badge
Agasin jgatie your 12 year old nature manifests itself in name calling. How helpful.
Airplay on Sonos:

https://support.sonos.com/s/article/1230?language=en_US

And stop with the "sympathy" stuff. You didn't have a medical disaster, your child didn't die, and you didn't marry someone with a genetic disorder. You simply didn't research a consumer electronics product, and someone saying that is not a sociopath. In fact, you are the sick one for making that accusation.
I have a sonos one. But no airplay icon appears on my Ipad. Misfit, i am sorry you are a person with no sympathy. We call that sociopathy.
Are you suggesting you're a psychiatrist? You lot are supposed to have $ 10,--/month to spend for a streaming service. ? I'm now waiting for a mod to shut down this fatuous conversation.
Userlevel 7
From the OP
I feel pretty ripped off by Sonos. I am VERY sorry i bought one. The lack of bluetooth AND wireless functionalty has left me with a doorstop, for a speaker. I quite simnply wanted to be able to play whatever i am listening to on my Ipad. Sorry, gotta pay for Youtube. ..really? I can listen to you tube on a crappy cell phone but not on my Sonos? Same drill with the various listening services. I can listen to them on my ipad but HAVE TO PAY a subscription to run through my Sonos. I am sorry. this thing is worthless.

@sepharad

Lets' get real. I can't believe this conversation has been commented on by so many. So..I guess you 'll have to add my name to this list of insanity. 😛 sepharad...you need to take ownership for your own stupidity.

Yes, I said STUPIDITY. It shouldn't have taken you very long to figure out that BT connectivity isn't native to Sonos speakers. The first time you tried to connect via BT should have triggered a thought in your brain that maybe it wasn't possible. Do your research before you buy!!

This entire conversation is a waste of value space. You must be laughing your "A" off about how members (including me) are buying into this nonsense. I for one am done after the next few lines!

Go buy another brand of speaker as Sonos isn't for you. JUST TAKE EM' BACK TO WHERE YOU PURCHASED THEM AND STOP RANTING ABOUT WHO SAID THIS OR THAT WHICH SUPPOSEDLY MISLED YOU.

BTW, you did come by the the Sonos speaker(s) legitimately....didn't you? If not maybe that's why you feel ripped off as you can't return what fell-off the back of a truck if you get my meaning.:8

I've probably violated some Code of Community Conduct with this post. So I'll shut-up and go play somewhere else.

See ya!
Userlevel 2
Badge
AJ trek, you are right. I should have returned them immediately. My problem was, I am in Portugal and things like these are not readily available, I had to order them and have them shipped in. That should not have stopped me from returning them, but it did. I find them terribly dissapointing.

Oh and Smilja, I am a retired Psychiatric registered nurse. So yes, your lack of sympathy is pretty appaling.

Have a good night. Both you who were constructive, and to the children.
Userlevel 2
Badge +1
I'm not looking to bridge a Bluetooth connection. I've got a pair of Ones. Like I said, stick with the Wifi streaming of device sourced material beyond music.
Userlevel 2
Badge +1
The Ones don't have an aux in jack or bluetooth, so lets focus on what we can do app-wise via Wifi.
Userlevel 2
Badge +1
Good lord. Please read the First Post. I said, Sonos or some enterprising app developer. I said nothing whatsoever about hacking anything.
Userlevel 2
Badge +1
Perhaps you guys are running with different terminology. To me, when talking about Devices, hacking would entail modifying the OS, Bootloaders, etc. I never said to Hack the Sonos One. Sure, it would be wonderful if we could encourage Sonos to allow freer access to stream content from our devices, instead of just a handful of approved apps. After all, they allow Amazon Music, but why not Amazon Video - At least the sound portion? There is no reason why they should be blocking any audio stream that you can play on the controlling device. With Wifi, you have a much greater range and bandwidth capability, so it makes no sense not to leverage these advantages.

Creating a 3rd party app, that would bridge the gap between the Sonos One, and those streaming apps that are compatible would not entail nor require hacking the Sonos One OS. I'm not talking about hacking the OS. I never said to hack the OS.

Hopefully, with the Google integration, we might see a little more open environment that allow greater capabilities.
I feel pretty ripped off by Sonos. I am VERY sorry i bought one. The lack of bluetooth AND wireless functionalty has left me with a doorstop, for a speaker. I quite simnply wanted to be able to play whatever i am listening to on my Ipad. Sorry, gotta pay for Youtube. ..really? I can listen to you tube on a crappy cell phone but not on my Sonos? Same drill with the various listening services. I can listen to them on my ipad but HAVE TO PAY a subscription to run through my Sonos. I am sorry. this thing is worthless.

Not sure what Sonos speakers you bought, but many Sonos speakers support Apple airplay, which should allow you to play whatever is on your ipad on your Sonos speakers.

As far as the free version of youtube not being available on Sonos directly, that's Google's decision, not Sonos. Google has a policy of not supportting playback of youtube content on devices that do not support video playback. Obviously, bluetooth and airplay are ways around this, since the video will play on your phone/tablet while the audio is on your speaker. I really don't know how that rule applies with youtube music.

I get the frustration with not being able play what you want on your Sonos speaker, but Sonos never advertised to have bluetooth or playing anything you have on your ipad (with non-airplay speakers), so I'm not sure how Sonos ripped you.
Userlevel 2
Badge
So yeah I am annoyed. I can listen to audible....but not downpour, this but not that and I hate it. You thats the thing about FEELING ripped off. Its how you FEEL. Thats how I FEEL and I shared it. As a consumer we are allowed to do that. So I am sorry you dont understand how I can possibly FEEL ripped off. But trust me, i do. I will never buy a second one or tell anyone how great they are.
Userlevel 2
Badge
Sometimes screaming feels good. Sonos makes me feel bad. I have lost time and money buying it, I am not going to waste more selling it. I have not tried Airplay. I will familiarize myself with it. You are correct it will NEVER be what i want. Now I need to find a replacement that does and actually works.
Userlevel 5
Badge +13
What kind of thread is this?! ....at least it gave some good laughs this morning.
Userlevel 5
Badge +13
in my case, they got my money, and boy am I annoyed about it.

Nobody put a gun to your head. Google exists.
Userlevel 2
Badge
Yep it does I read a ton. i talked to users and NO ONE SAID, this thing wont work with most music sharing unless you pay. That it doesn't have the most basic broadcasting abilities as a remote speaker. I wish to God they had.
Userlevel 2
Badge
Where you live, like in assumption town? You have NO idea what research I did. But feel free to assume.
Where you live, like in assumption town? You have NO idea what research I did. But feel free to assume.

Sure I have an idea; you didn't do enough research to learn that it doesn't do what you hoped it did. Otherwise, you would not have purchased Sonos.

Pretty simple, really.
Userlevel 2
Badge
About Airplay, I have found "The icon for Airplay will appear only if you have a gen2 ATV installed and on your Home Sharing network.". Does this mean i need another device to get an airplay icon on my ipad?
Actually one of the posters who suggested buying Sonos, stating it supported Bluetooth, WAS at this site. The reason i am complaining here, is when a buyer is shopping, this is where they are frequently linked. Just as this post was started by another person who also found the Problem annoying and wanted a workaround.

By complaining here, maybe someone who is shopping, can avoid the same error I made in buying this device.

I read every thread/post on this site and never ONCE saw a poster stating Sonos supports Bluetooth. Show us that post. You can't. It doesn't exist. You are lying.
Userlevel 5
Badge +13
You have the compassion of a brick.

I have no sympathy for someone who drops $300+ on a product and doesn't do their research.... and then complains about it online.
Userlevel 5
Badge +13
Actually one of the posters who suggested buying Sonos, stating it supported Bluetooth, WAS at this site.

[citation needed]
Userlevel 2
Badge
I dont need to prove anything to you. It was at this site. If you dont like that I give a crack, what are you 12 years old?
Userlevel 5
Badge +13
Misfit, i am sorry you are a person with no sympathy. We call that sociopathy.

LOL! Oh my.