New Sonos One Generation 2 just purchased at Best Buy but they are still on preorder?

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

32 replies

It’s a error from Bestbuy I work there.
Indeed, thank you most kindly. Since Sonos hasn't announced this yet, I'm guessing that Best Buy jumped the gun.

Will be interested in knowing what the difference between the two is, and if they can be bonded/stereo paired, or are like the PLAY:5 gen 1 and gen 2 that can not be bonded/paired
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
When you have the gen2 set up, could you post the ‘Hardware Version’ reported for the speaker in ‘About My Sonos System’? Thanks.
Userlevel 7
Badge +17
good find, thanks for posting photo up.
No it is certainly a One (Gen 2). It was a mistake by Best Buy in selling me the product. See attached picture.
Knowing Best Buy as I do, I'd suggest it's an error by Best Buy.

Where did it say Gen 2? On the Sonos packaging? As Stanley suggests, so far there's only been one generation of the Sonos One. The only Sonos device that has multiple generations is the PLAY:5.

The only thing I can think of offhand is that one is a PLAY:1, the other a Sonos One...in that form factor, that's as close as you can get to multiple generations....but there's so much difference on the inside, they really aren't the same speaker at all, just look similar.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
No announcements of a Gen 2 Sonos One here. Some of the folks that watch government sites for Sonos news might have seen something.