Skip to main content
Question

NEW APP RELATED VOLUME ISSUE

• 10 June 2024
  • 2 replies

I have an issue that has not been raised before - does anyone experience RANDOM volume changes (e.g. sudden bursts of loud volume as well as songs ending in the middle [apparently NO VOLUME]).  I have a home theater setup with the ARC, sub woofer, and 2Ls (in remote areas).  ALL WORKED PERFECTLY prior to the APP change.  Lastly - the system now defaults (as in difficult to get ALL the rooms to play the same song throughout the house) to ONLY playing in the main bedroom.  What’s up with this!?

Thanks to all for any help

2 replies

Badge

Similar issues here.   Can’t keep certain speakers working in a group.   Will usually start playing, and then drop.  App will say a zone is playing, but it is silent.   Trying to regroup with the button on the speaker causes errors, and random “bursts” of max volume, etc.    

This is wild!   I can’t believe the train wreck this update has caused.   Really want out at this point.

These products used to work so well.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Yes, we have noticed that our Sonos Move mutes itself randomly, and just a few minutes ago the volume level on our Play:3 dropped from 12 to 2 for no apparent reason.

We only play music from our own music library and playlists, and there are no 3rd-party apps like Spotify installed or integrated. 

We haven't had this issue before the recent Android app updates.