Skip to main content
Question

Multiple speakers not playing

• 26 July 2024
  • 6 replies

I have three speakers in my system (roam is not on). They all show up to select. If I start music on one of them and then try and add the second, it keeps saying unable to connect. See screenshots. It is playing on the Sonos Move. When I check TV Room and apply, I get the unable to connect at the top of the next picture.   I can play different music on each speaker.  I’ve unplugged/powered down the speakers and reset my router and still nothing. 

6 replies

Thanks for all the help everyone, lol….

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

What about when you play on the TV room first and then add the Move on that grouping screen. Does it work that way round? Presumably not and the above was an example?

Did you update the firmware last week? And did you update the app this week?

Also try logging out of the app and logging back in…

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Looks like those are groups at the top of the screen.  Did you create those groups?  If so what’s in them?

What about when you play on the TV room first and then add the Move on that grouping screen. Does it work that way round? Presumably not and the above was an example?

Also try logging out of the app and logging back in

I can play music on either speaker  but when I try to add  a second speaker to either I get that error. I have a couple groups set up but it will only start on one speaker and then again, can’t add the others in the group. I updated the app but didn’t see a notice for firmware update. I’ll check that. Thanks

Looks like those are groups at the top of the screen.  Did you create those groups?  If so what’s in them?

I set those groups up; one more than a year ago, one the other day to try and get these working.  One is my Five, move and the roam, the other is the Five and the Move (new one).  If I select either group, it will play on one speaker but then I can’t add another. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Also try logging out of the app and logging back in

I can play music on either speaker  but when I try to add  a second speaker to either I get that error. I have a couple groups set up but it will only start on one speaker and then again, can’t add the others in the group. I updated the app but didn’t see a notice for firmware update. I’ll check that. Thanks

Yes, check Settings - Manage - System Updates-Check for Updates. It’s unlikely to make a difference but worth trying.

Also, if you didn’t do it in this order, turn off the router, then all the speakers. Log out of the app, close it. Leave it all five minutes. The turn on the router, let it boot up fully. Turn on the speakers one at a time until each has its white light. Then re-open the app and log in again.