Missed opportunity: Portable Sonos One with Wifi/BlueTooth/Alexa &Power Doc for home use

• 19 October 2017
  • 28 replies

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

28 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +2
Right mevimbe, this is what sonos could bring! This is not just a Bluetooth speaker. It has Wifi so it can stream right from the internet with out your phone. Also I have used UE bluetooth speakers and they sound Real good, not as good a sonos but very good, and better than no speaker out side.
Well except that it doesn't do multiroom (right now anyway) and probably doesn't sound as good as the Sonos One. It's basically an Amazon Tap, although it probably sounds better and is a bit slicker overall.

It's surely a good solution for a lot of consumers out there, but I don't know that it's a missed opportunity, since Bluetooth speakers is a crowded market. Really, you could say Ultimately Ears is missing an opportunity for not making the equivalent of a Sonos One.
Userlevel 2
Badge
Absolutely agree, I have always thought Sonos should also have a capability to be portable at least in their Play 1. I find myself often moving from the inside of my home to the backyard and have to use my UE Megaboom outdoors.