Is this normal experience with Sonos Support?

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

30 replies

You are saying many people may not like it and I assume you absolutely ok with this?

In your opinion is this an adequate support from a company of premium speakers that a small dent in the grill warrants full replacement of the speaker to fix and a charge of 389$?
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
You may not like it and many other folks agree with you but Sonos doesn't do repairs of customer's speakers or other devices. All you can get is a warranty exchange or maybe a bit of a courtesy price drop on an out of warranty swap.

Power cords seem to be the only repair/replacement part Sonos sells.

I don't know what Sonos does with devices returned to them that have failed components or physical damage.

Self repair, with little or no Sonos support is the only other option. They do allow it to be discussed here though which is nice of them.

You really shouldn't have been blind-sided by this policy, even a quick review of the Sonos site, articles and forum posts would have warned you of this policy.
This isn't about what I want this is about what Sonos wants? I personally don't want them to replace my speaker I want the grill replaced.

But the grill is not meant to be removed and there are no replacements parts like say a spare grill sold anywhere so it seems like the only options to fix a tiny dent is full on speaker replacement. Which is what in my opinion sucks. I mean think think about it I can get a used speaker without a scratch at the same price and I am not losing my speaker.

If this seems alright to you then don't mind me.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
So you want them to send you a free replacement speaker?
If not free how much off the list price would have made you happy?

Now if YOU want it fixed you can certainly fix it yourself but will void any remaining Sonos warranty or courtesy price reduction like what they offered you. First pop off the cover and try tapping the dent out, if that isn't good enough then buy a "parts only" Play 5 off ebay or the like and swap speaker covers. Not rocket science and you can find several places that talk about doing it.