Answered

Impossible to connect my SONOS ROAM in Bluetooth

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

114 replies

Userlevel 1

I have many sonos products , pre ordered  ROAM , have an android , and this product simply is TOOO hard to work. Basic   cheapo speakers connect to bluetooth with my phone  easy as pie.

My wife has a brand new apple phone , same problem , it should NOT need to be part of any system ,  blue tooth should be  simple and the precedent to connecting to my greater SONOS system .

This thing  , clearly based on my experience and those above , is  just too hard . 

I will be asking for a refund. 

SONOS   if you ever read these  threads  , I would be in contact with me very fast  ……...before I review the product on other sites 

I just got mine today, and I’m having a horrible time setting it up. It goes straight from flashing white to flashing green, and it’s not connecting to the WiFi of the place I’m at. Hopefully it will connect to the WiFi back at my dorm. If this doesn’t work, I just payed $169 for nothing.

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Do we know how many Bluetooth connections roam can store?

having the same issues here...i am able to connect my iPhone via BT settings, but initially, i’ve been trying to connect via the SONOS APP where it walks me through and it just times out each time...should i just factory reset and start over?

Also - unable to BT connect to my MacBook after many tries...any ideas?

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

Actually, I never got the blue pairing led to flash, always stayed white. 

UPDATE: Found that my system had an update available, installed that, and I finally was able to pair my iPhone. 

Thanks!

Followed every suggestion in this thread. Still no joy. I’m a long time legacy Sonos user who know the product inside and out, and I also have a move. Can’t get the BT blue light to come on no matter what dance I do. Very frustrating Sonos!

By the way, I do hear the button-press chime, followed by the bluetooth pairing chime, still no joy. If I keep holding, I get the triple-chime power-off tone.

What device are your pairing the Roam with? Have you tried pairing with another device?

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

Followed every suggestion in this thread. Still no joy. I’m a long time legacy Sonos user who know the product inside and out, and I also have a move. Can’t get the BT blue light to come on no matter what dance I do. Very frustrating Sonos!

By the way, I do hear the button-press chime, followed by the bluetooth pairing chime, still no joy. If I keep holding, I get the triple-chime power-off tone.

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

I had this issue too, I think the roam needs to have just been powered on or at least active and not in any sleep or power save state.

once I had powered the roam on, I immediately pressed the button for 2 seconds and finally got the blue LED

Userlevel 2
Badge

Thanks for your replies.

After infinite number of tries I eventually get the bluetooth connection working properly !

I went through the steps described by @Ken_Griffiths and maybe the fact that I turned the music on before pressing and holding the back button helped in the process...honnestly I don’t know but it works fine now.

Let juts hope that the next connection won’t get that complicated.

Thanks all for your help and your time.

I do, but the only chime I hear is the one that you can hear when the ROAM is turning off.

Perhaps see if the following steps helps to sort it for you.

1. Play some music to the Roam via the Sonos App, this is just to ensure it’s currently connected via WiFi. Pause the music playback with its Play/Pause button.
  2. Next check your mobile Bluetooth device-list that you plan to connect to. If the Roam is in the list already, then remove that device, just in case it is the old connection that was in use before you factory-reset the speaker.
  3. Now press and hold the rear power button on the Roam for two seconds and let go.
  4. Check the Roam then appears in your mobile Bluetooth device-list and select it in order to pair the speaker to the mobile.
  5. All being well, you should now be able to play audio to the Roam via the Bluetooth-connected mobile.
Userlevel 2
Badge

I do, but the only chime I hear is the one that you can hear when the ROAM is turning off.

Userlevel 7

After you power on the Roam, if you hold down the power button, do you ever hear a chime?

Userlevel 2
Badge

Yes I did.

As I was waiting for a reply I have also done a factory reset on it and re-install it from scratch.

So the SONOS ROAM is well discovered by my system already in place and works fine with the other elements but the bluetooth connection is still not working

Userlevel 7

Have you set up the Roam in the Sonos app yet?