I would like to be able to start playback from any point within a playlist

• 2 December 2013
  • 33 replies

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

33 replies

Badge
I am completely with you! Same issue, same feeling of non user-friendlyness. Maybe you could post an idea to ask.sonos.com and I will surely vote for you!
After reading up on links from John B (thanks!) and a Sonos reply to my Facebook post (which they answered within 5mins!) I've started using the queue feature which isn't particularly obvious and just to the right of the volume slider at the very bottom of the screen when a track is playing. This allows you to jump in at various places but again as Gtrance says it's very clunky and doesn't give you very much flexibility. It basically adds so many more unnecessary steps to an already quite long winded process!

Not really sure why Sonos developers haven't really got to grips with making this as user friendly as possible??
Userlevel 3
Badge +4
I would love a play from here option. The way it is now is incredibly clunky and feels very backwards.
Userlevel 7
Badge +17
Indeed - mine is the most recent post in that topic.
This is what we need !

Hi Olly. It's not a bug. Please see the following post for some explanation from Sonos that I found very enlightening.
https://en.community.sonos.com/controllers-software-228995/simply-want-it-to-play-next-track-6712132
Tracks play from the Queue. First, tracks should be added to the Queue by some method, usually Add To Queue or similar. On desktop controllers, right click on an artist, album, or track. Finally, once the tracks are added to the Queue, scroll to the desired play point and initiate play. Play will continue, track by track, until the Queue is exhausted.
I have the same issue...which means a massive reduction in flexibility and functionality with Sonos compared to other music systems.

I am also surprised that no one has replied to Manda to address her/my query?! Poor reflection on customer service provided by Sonos.

Can somebody please let me/us know what can be done about this if anything or what plans are in store to fix this bug?

Thanks

Olly