Answered

I hate my Roam

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

31 replies

I am back and I love my Sonos roam even more! I just use it for on my dock during my private time watching the waves rolling in and out and the boats going by. Leaving the dock the other day I had kicked roam into the lake! I saw it go off my foot and into 4 feet of water….
for 15 min it was underwater! 

And it worked! I let it dry for five hours but I don’t think I had to.  I think all you have to do is dry it externally, because I saw no water coming out of it. And it worked like it does.
These are fabulous but you know,

they could use more bass. but just to hear a nice clear tune outdoors is nice.

And then turn it off and listen to the nature!

Pintac

I know someone else who ate their Roam too...😀

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

it’s the attack of the bots

I think this is the first thread on here that has made me wonder if I have entered a parallel universe. 

I love my Rome Sonos roam and I wish Siri would learn to type it. I don’t like Siri even with a man voice! So I checked my Sonos Rome into the lake today I was on the end of my dock and I said enough sun and perfectness! I’m going in and I walked around the corner on the dock and kicked my little Sonos into 4 feet of water. I quickly went indoors within 15 minutes I was in the water then got it out. I am in Minnesota so this is been the first time I’m in the water because of the late spring. But it was fine. I will let you know if it boots up tomorrow. I’m happy  with the charging and have had no problems with it. I am returning to Sonos fives. They just sounded horrible. I have about eight Sonos play one in different rooms I have two subs in different rooms I have a Beams.  I guess two beams one older than the other so I am a Sonos fan. We’ll see if the roam starts up.

pintac

@sherylsb,

Are you perhaps using a 5v/1A (5w) mobile charger by mistake, just as a thought? .. or maybe a shared USB charger that’s not hitting the minimum power requirement. If so I would look to double or treble that charging power, which will charge the Roam fully within 2-½ hours and provide you with around 10+ hours of playback at a 50% volume level.