HATE SONOS- Worst System EVER.

• 30 August 2020
  • 28 replies

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

28 replies

Look. I am trying to help here. I have used Sonos for 9 years without a hitch. Sonos was designed to operate with one device wired so that its proprietary mesh network handles traffic between Sonos devices. You don't need a second WiFi network. 

Somebody before now should have suggested wiring one speaker to the router. Please just try it. You don't have to choose any WiFi then.

Userlevel 2

Uffff… yes. My phone is on the same WiFi as the sonos And the app… I’ve only been through this entire process 3 times with customer service and the conclusion… the only way it’s ever going to stopping dropping the network is to hardwire it. What’s the point of spending a thousand dollars on something that won’t function the way I was told it would. 

The whole reason we got a second WiFi was for Sonos, so we could take everything off of that one WiFi and only have Sonos, since it’s virtually impossible to change the the WiFi selection on the speaker… once again, who makes it to where you can just disconnect one WiFi and add a new one with simplicity. Oh wait… Bose and JBL does that! 

Why use a mesh? When Sonos has its very on WiFi and entire gig to itself?

'Two wifi systems' rings alarm bells. Are all Sonos devices on same subnet? They need to be.

You only have to wire ONE Sonos speaker to make Sonos use its own mesh. Would be worth trying.