Skip to main content

Competition is Coming

• 18 June 2024
  • 6 replies

This SVS wireless speaker ad just popped up on my Facebook feed.  Hopefully looks like what could be the start of more direct competition for Sonos.

Moderator Note: Modified in accordance with the Community Code of Conduct.

6 replies

Currently there is no mention of multiple wireless Rooms integrated as a system.

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Currently there is no mention of multiple wireless Rooms integrated as a system.

All true, didn't say it's actually here, but all one really would need additional to create wireless home with surround theater is a wireless sub and centers together with a simple controller app, can't be far off. I'm just speculating.

All true, didn't say it's actually here, but all one really would need additional to create wireless home with surround theater is a wireless sub and centers together with a simple controller app, can't be far off. I'm just speculating.

There’s a lot more to it than that, especially when it comes to synched multi-room audio, and Sonos owns most of the patents. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

There’s a lot more to it than that, especially when it comes to synched multi-room audio, and Sonos owns most of the patents. 

One can hope. Competition inevitably is a good thing for lowly consumers.

Badge +20

Uses DTS Play-fi - 😂 have a Google 

If you play the video Sonos as a competitor to beat with the SVS Pro system was not mentioned 🤔. Even the Sonos Roam which is a  direct competitor to some of the speakers shown/mentioned was conspicuously missing. That suggests to me that the SVS Pro while it may be an excellent 2-Channel wireless speaker option is not quite ready for primetime in the “whole home” wireless audio arena. The SVS Pro was mentioned several times as a “Zone” specific option and not Multi-Zone simultaneously.

Can’t say from experience but the SVS Pro may make an excellent 2-channel system connected to a TV to create a “phantom” center channel for 3.0 (or 3.1 with sub) with great immersion. In that manner I can suspect it may outperform an Arc (3.0) and definitely Sonos in-wall speakers flanking a TV powered by the Sonos Amp with sub (3.1) 🤔

In any event while Sonos is probably on the SVS system manufacturers radar...IMO they aren’t quite ready to launch a full scale attack. 🙂